College Readiness Program
The goal of this course is to acquire and practice the tools and techniques necessary to compose successful written work at the university level. Students will examine the audience, register, intent, construction, editing and evaluation of writing for academic purposes. The class is structured to integrate written language theory and rules with practical application and will stress critical thinking and decision making as they relate to academic writing and other assigned writing.
- Improve speaking through group discussions and formal presentations of research findings;
- Use academic language (specifically target vocabulary) effectively in writing and presentations;
- Become accomplished in the writing process including; audience, register, intent, construction, editing, revision and proofreading.
- Demonstrate academic readiness in a university classroom environment by coming prepared for class, engaging and cooperating with peers and the instructor, interacting appropriately in the target language, and respecting classroom policies and procedures
Our exam preparation courses will prepare students for standardized testing. Our courses cover each section of the exams in detail so that students are familiar with the procedures, timing, tasks and scoring. Our experienced, qualified instructors will help your students know the test format and learn effective test-taking strategies.
The IELTS Preparation course covers each section of the exam (Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading) in detail so that students are familiar with the procedures, timing, tasks and scoring. In this course students will:
- Acquire strategies and vocabulary to use on each portion of the exam
- Practice each portion of the test and get feedback on their performance
- Gain insight about every aspect of the test and learn test taking strategies
Prepares students to reach their TOEFL score goals by getting practice with every section of the internet-based TOEFL test (TOEFL iBT) including grammar, vocabulary, reading, listening, speaking and test taking strategies.