Mandatory Health Insurance
All full-time international students are automatically enrolled in the University’s international student health insurance program. For students enrolling at Pace in fall 2018, the annual fee $1406 will automatically be added to your student bill and must be paid along with tuition. The health insurance plan is mandatory and is described at http://www.pace.edu/health-insurance/international-students. For students enrolled in fall 2018, the policy runs from August 15, 2018 to August 14, 2019.
If you have comparable insurance coverage under another policy, you may be able to waive the Pace University international student health insurance.
If you apply for an insurance waiver, please be aware of the following:
- Check your policy effective dates. You need annual coverage – the policy should be valid through August 2019. If you are an exchange student for one semester only, policy should cover you for the duration of stay (August-December)
- Does your plan provide inpatient hospitalization in the NY Metro area?
- Does your plan cover outpatient clinic services, including doctor’s visits, lab services and medical testing in the NY Metro area?
- You will be responsible (in the majority of the cases) to pay up front for medical services provided in the U.S. It is then your responsibility to make a claim to be reimbursed by your insurance company
- You are responsible for payment for medical services which are not covered by your health insurance.
- Pace University Health Care Unit may require payment at the time treatment is provided.
To apply for a waiver, you must submit a completed Waiver Form and a copy of your current policy (in English and in U.S. $) before the deadline of September 21, 2018 for Annual Semester enrollment, or February 15, 2019 for new Spring semester enrollment. These materials must be mailed to the Insurance Company Allen J. Flood Companies, Inc. or emailed to Allen J. Flood – email@example.com. If you are granted a waiver, you will be informed by Allen J. Flood and will then receive a credit on your student account. Please note that ISS does not review waiver requests nor make decisions regarding insurance waivers.