Throughout 2018, Information Technology Services (ITS) worked with CampusWorks and Ellucian to complete a major upgrade of the Banner system from version 8 to 9. The upgrade involved several phases over many months, with numerous tasks and system testing being completed for each phase. As of December 2018, the main upgrade has been completed and ITS project leadership has taken over the responsibility for all unresolved issues.
Access to Banner 9 is now available in the MyPace Portal (https://portal.pace.edu). Currently, there are links to both versions of Banner. However, access to Banner 8 will be discontinued in the coming weeks once the remaining issues are resolved.
Banner 9 delivers a number of important enhancements. Below are some highlights of new and improved features:
- New user interface and improved navigation and accessibility
- New administrative pages and reports
- Provide a consistent look and feel across Banner
- Enhanced navigation for a seamless experience
- Eliminate Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports
- Eliminate the need for a Java client on your computer
- End dependency on Internet Explorer and allow for full browser support (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, MS Edge)
To learn more, view the following Banner 9 benefits overview and quick tour videos:
- Benefits Overview
- Video Tutorials
- Quick Tour
- User Interface and Keyboard Shortcuts
- Banner 9 Brochure
- Banner 9 Learning Paths
Please check back regularly for the latest updates on the Banner 9 Rollout.