CLASSES Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I access the new learning management system (LMS), Classes?
- What browsers are supported by Classes?
- What is the difference between D2L, Brightspace, Classes and Daylight?
- When will I be required to use Classes?
- How will students be notified of the switch?
- Which Blackboard courses are being converted to the Brightspace format and uploaded to Classes?
- How can I move Blackboard content to my Brightspace "Classes"course?
- It seems that colors, fonts, etc., are locked down a lot. Why?
- Will I have access to Turnitin, Kaltura, Panopto and other 3rd party tools?
- Will I have access to D2L Brightspace support via the phone?
- Where can I go to learn how to use Classes (Brightspace) on my own?
Access the new LMS and enter your Pace University username and password.
Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge are supported. Internet Explorer is NOT supported.
- Desire to Learn (D2L) is the name of the company.
- Brightspace is the name of the Learning Management System.
- Classes.pace.edu is the URL for Pace's instance of Brightspace.
- Daylight is the theme, the look and feel of the LMS.
Beginning with the January intersession, which starts on Saturday, January 2nd, 2021. Fall 2020 courses will be taught in Blackboard except those in this list of Fall-2020 Classes Early Adopter courses.
Notices will be disemenated via Blackboard, Pace Newsletters and throughout the Pace community.
Courses from 2018 through Summer I, 2020 have been converted and are now in Classes. Courses from the 2020, Summer 2 and 2020, Fall terms will be converted and uploaded soon. Note that converted courses do not include enrollments. If you would like to be enrolled in your old courses, click here to submit a request. Please note the following when submitting a request to be enrolled in a converted course:
1. You must be the official instructor of the course in Blackboard.
2. You must submit a separate form for each course in which you wish to be enrolled.
3. Enter only one course for each submitted form.
4. You MUST add, "converted-" in front of the department abbreviation. Example: converted-TCH-237-70353.201920
5. Do NOT submit the form if the term code is 202050, 202060 or 202070. Courses with these terms have not been uploaded, yet.
We’ve made a video tutorial for you to review: Tutorial on How to Move Blackboard content into Brightspace (Classes)
We need to ensure that all course content is available to all students. Classes has an inherent, accessibility-checking system and an aspect of the system is to ensure we stay away from obscure formatting schemes.
Yes, we are in the process of adding many third-party tools.
Phone: 1-877-325-7778 (North America) Additionally, you may click Help on the blue NavBar and then select Need help? Click here! at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- For email or phone support, click Contact Support.
- For Live Chat Support, on the bottom right of the screen, click the Chat with Support button.
- Go to LinkedInLearning and enter your Pace credentials. Search for "Learning Brightspace by D2L".
- Use the Brightspace Community site: There are lots of videos for which you can search. Additionally, you can ask the community a question.
Join the community, and see the notes about setting up your credentials below.
You must use your Pace.edu email address. This will ensure that you gain access to learning content for Pace.
The password you create is not your Pace password. It is completely separate from Pace. .
After you successfully join the community, click the "Learning Center" link at the top-center menu bar.
Click the "Access Now" button in the "Subscription Training" box on the right-side.
Start watching the videos in the "Getting Started with Brightspace" playlist.