Pace University assesses a Technology Fee to ensure students have access to the latest instructional technology resources available. The fee is earmarked for instructional technologies to keep Pace up to date with the technology needed for today’s teaching and learning methodologies. All revenue generated from the technology fee goes directly towards funding instructional technology initiatives.
A committee comprised of students and IT representatives from each school will review proposals and vote to select discretionary initiatives receiving funding each year, with annual reports to be provided to the Pace community.
Fee Proposal Eligibility Requirements
The committee will consider proposals for academic technologies used in direct support of student instruction in the areas listed below.
- Classroom Enhancements and Instructional Equipment: purchase of technology related equipment, peripherals, furniture, and software.
- Collaboration-Feedback: purchase of software and related technologies
- Blended-Online Learning: purchase of software and related technologies
- Assessment of Learning: purchase of software and related assessment technologies
- Digital Content for Learning: purchase of software, digital content repositories, and related technologies
- Student Experience and Co-Curricular Support: purchase of software and related technologies in support of Pace Path Initiative.
Note: The committee may also recommend technology pilot programs.
The committee will not consider proposals that include requests for:
- Employment of full-time/part-time faculty or staff, or stipends of any kind
- Funding of University Learning Management System (add-ons to the LMS are permitted); and library databases
- Purchase of Administrative hardware or software
Fall Proposal Submission Deadlines
All proposals must be submitted by the following dates for review and evaluation.
- Monday, September 21st 2015 for October 5th Meeting
- Monday, November 2nd 2015 for November 16th Meeting
Submit a Funding Proposal
Students are encouraged to submit their own funding proposal to the Student Technology Fee Committee. All timely submissions will be evaluated and considered at the next Student Technology Fee Committee Meeting. If you would like to submit a funding proposal please click on the following button:
Fall 2015 Meetings
- Monday, October 5th 12-1 p.m. VC rooms PL Miller 16 and New York E319
- Monday, November 16th 12-1 p.m. VC rooms PL Miller 16 and New York E319
Past Spending By Category