MS in Accounting Data Analytics and Technologies
Accounting Data Analytics and Technologies, MS
This program is STEM designated. How does that help students? You will be gaining skills in analytics and information technology that are in high demand with employers.
Developed in consultation with leading accounting firms, Lubin's Master's in Accounting Data Analytics is highly responsive to current market demands for accountants who are trained in accounting analytics, audit analytics, and data-driven decision making, and satisfies the New York State 150-credit requirement for CPA licensing. Students gain expertise in using big data, AI, and ERP, in accounting, auditing, and cost management.
Undergraduate Accounting Major or Business Major?
If you have an undergraduate degree in accounting, you can complete the program in about one year with 30-38 credits.
If you have an undergraduate degree in business, but did not major in accounting, you can complete the program in about two years with 57-60 credits.
Both program options satisfy the New York State 150-credit education requirement for CPA licensing.
Anticipated job growth in accounting by 2026 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
ACHIEVE YOUR CAREER GOALS WITH A MASTER'S IN ACCOUNTING AND DATA ANALYTICS
The Lubin Master's in Accounting and Data Analytics and Technologies program:
- Prepares you for entrance or advancement in the accounting profession or in managerial positions
- Provides the educational foundation and credit requirements to satisfy the New York State requirement for CPA licensing
- Teaches students data analytics and information technologies in accounting and auditing
- Trains students as internal auditing and forensic accountants
- Helps students launch careers with Lubin connections through our network of alumni; over 1,400 work at Big Four accounting firms
Lubin's dual accreditation by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, in both business and accounting, is an elite distinction shared by fewer than 5% of business schools in the world.
GAIN SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
- Master advanced knowledge and skills in the broad field of accountancy
- Develop big data and analytics skills and apply them in accounting/auditing
- Understand modern information technologies and apply them in accounting systems
- Understand ERP and master data-driven decision making and cost management
- Employ big data and analytics in fraud detection and risk assessment
- Understand theories and models in visualization, database management, and audit analytics
- Obtain an educational foundation for professional certifications such as: Certified Information Technology Professional, Certified Internal Auditor, and Certified Forensic Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditors
- Certified Information Technology Professional
- Certified Forensic Accountant
- Accountants, Auditors, Consultants
- > Explore accounting careers
LUBIN AND ACCA'S LANDMARK PARTNERSHIP
Lubin and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) USA's landmark partnership links ACCA's globally recognized qualification program to both undergraduate and graduate coursework at Lubin. Accounting students may complete coursework that will qualify them for exemptions from ACCA's exams. >> Learn more >> FAQs about the accounting program's ACCA accreditation
ANALYTICS AT LUBIN
In the age of big data, there is an exploding need for professionals in every field who can analyze and manage data to make effective business decisions. Analytics is integrated across all business disciplines at Lubin to prepare students for these career opportunities. >> Learn more
CURRICULUM FOR ONE-YEAR PROGRAM
Program Total: 30-44 credits
>> see one-year curriculum
CURRICULUM FOR TWO-YEAR PROGRAM
Program Total: 57-63 credits
>> see two-year curriculum
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
- Open Houses, Information Sessions, and Online Information Sessions
- Campus tours and video tours
- Financial aid
- Request information
- Application guidelines
- Questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Admission
Other Programs You Might Consider
- MS, NYC WESTCHESTER
- MBA, NYC WESTCHESTER
- MS, NYC
- MS, NYC