BBA in Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications
Marketing - Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications, BBA
With a Lubin BBA in Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications, you can rise above the competition at the largest and most visionary agencies, firms, and publishing houses in the world, with many having headquarters right here in New City:
- Ogilvy & Mather
New York City is home to a virtually endless range of multichannel media groups, smaller creative houses, and boutique agencies. You can intern at firms like these, so when you graduate you are equipped to prosper in this fast-paced industry.
"It was a dream of mine to live and thrive in [this city] while interning and working at the top companies of the world. The [international marketing field study to Brussels and London] had a great impact on me because it helped me develop as a citizen of the world and a distinctive candidate in the job market. I am truly grateful to surround myself with many inspiring individuals who work for the same things I do. Pace really wants me to succeed, and will use every resource it has to do so."
- Marquise Steward, Class of 2020, President, Pace University Marketing Association
"Whether I'm doing primary research for a project or thinking of a logo for a brand, I'm able to think laterally and vertically. I've always loved art growing up, and with marketing, I'm able to use my graphic design skills for the artistic, branding component of marketing, which is really amazing."
- Richmond Landicho, Class of 2020, President, Setter Stage
A REWARDING CAREER IN A CRITICAL ROLE
As an advertising and integrated marketing communications professional, you'll have both the conceptual background and the tools to plan marketing campaigns that will lead to the success of your organization and your own career. Whether your career takes off at a corporation, financial institution, or at one of the vibrant and exciting advertising or marketing agencies in New York City, you'll be prepared for a lifetime of success in a wide variety of settings. Here's what to expect with a BBA in Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications:
- $157,710 is the median salary for advertising and promotions managers in New York (Source: CareerOneStop)
- Employment of market research analysts is expected to grow 23% from 2016 to 2026 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Excellent prospects for advancement to the highest levels
- Account executive
- Brand manager
- Retail store buyer
- Event planner
- Event promoter
- Group sales manager
- Market research analyst
- Media analyst
- Media planner
- > Explore marketing and advertising careers
"Some of the companies I interned for are Fendi, Valentino, Prada, YSL, Seventeen magazine, Glamour magazine, and Christian Louboutin. Even though these luxury brands are similar, what happens behind the doors is so unique to each fashion house. I've learned so much with the teams that I have been blessed to work with. Besides gaining invaluable friendships with my fellow interns, I've gained industry contacts and relationships that can take me to the next level."
- Cindy Nguyen, Class of 2017, Events Manager, Dolce & Gabbana
GAIN USEFUL SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
Lubin's Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications program will equip you with knowledge and skills covering a broad spectrum of marketing activities—from the conception to the delivery of products or services and virtually everything in between. Courses cover traditional, social, mobile and digital marketing media. The BBA in Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications offers:
- A solid foundation in the advertising and marketing profession's application of principles in the context of the highly technological global economy.
- An in-depth understanding of essential advertising and marketing principles: brand marketing, advertising, sales promotion, market research, sales, and retailing.
- A keen sense of 21st-century marketing and the skills employers are looking for, including a thorough knowledge of product development, pricing, consumer decision-making, legal aspects of marketing, and global marketing.
"Currently, I am working as a Business Development Intern at Univision, the largest Spanish media company in the United States. On a day-to-day basis, I identify potential partners/clients and compile research on market trends. I also get to work on determining total market spending through various platforms and report on key business metrics such as ROI and SOP. One of the most interesting things that I have done, which happens to be an amazing perk I didn't know I'd get, is present recommendations to senior management and account executives on strategic initiatives and investment opportunities across all divisions. "
- Alexis Tenorio, Class of 2021, internship at Univision
"I think the most exciting thing [about my internship experience] was seeing the sponsorships come to life. One week a client would reach out with an interest and the marketing team put together a number of ideas for them to choose from. Once the sales team pitched it and it was sold, it was exciting to see the sponsorship make it to air or on a digital platform! In the modern day, multimedia is a huge part of our lives—and I was really lucky to see it all happen from the inside."
- Robert Prindle, Class of 2016, Account Executive, NBCUniversal Media, LLC
"My responsibilities as a market intelligence intern ran the gamut. Internships with steep learning curves such as these are usually quite challenging but have the potential to be incredibly rewarding. I always suspected that I would like figuring out why people do what they do, and I thought it would be interesting to apply that knowledge to marketing. I enjoyed this work much more than I could've imagined. This discovery has been huge for me as a career in market intelligence is the path that I have decided to take after graduation."
- Brianna Dunkers-Brown, Class of 2017, Senior Research Analyst, CNN
"My internship gave me real-life experience in the ad sales industry and a competitive edge over my peers. The absolute best thing about my internship is interacting and meeting people in the industry. Having access to these professionals and their knowledge is so amazing, and truly helpful. My professors have been one of my greatest resources, as well as the Advertising Club. The Ad Club advisors have been huge influences on my life and have become very close mentors."
-Paul Wallace, Class of 2017, Integrated Sales Planner, WarnerMedia
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
- Campus Tours and Video Tours
- Net Cost Calculator
- Merit Scholarship Calculator
- Transfer Credit Evaluator
- Business Major Scholarships
- Questions? Contact Us
GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM WERE HIRED BY:
- The Dannon Company
- Forbes magazine
- Guilford Press
- JPMorgan Chase
- Liberty Mutual
- Mr. Youth
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- Vertrue, Inc.
- Zenith Optimedia
- > See job placement statistics
- > Learn about our lifetime Career Services
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING:
- Advertising Age
- Arista Records
- CBS Outdoor
- Hearst Group/Hearst Magazines
- JPMorgan Chase
- NYSE Euronext
- Oxygen Media
- Al Roker Productions, Inc.
- SONY Music Entertainment
- Telemundo ZGS Group
- Twentieth Century Fox
- Zenith Optimedia
- > Learn about internship placement