MS in Arts and Entertainment Management
Arts and Entertainment Management, MS
STUDY IN THE ENTERTAINMENT CAPITAL OF THE WORLD: NEW YORK CITY!
Lubin's Master's in Arts and Entertainment Management will equip you to launch an exciting and fulfilling career with opportunities in performing arts and entertainment and media management at companies such as:
- American Broadcasting Company (ABC)
- BBC America
- Fox Broadcasting
- Madison Square Garden
- Marvel Entertainment
- National Broadcasting Company (NBC)
- Warner Music Group
- and many more
More specifically, this degree will provide you with the communication, management, and leadership knowledge and skills to work behind the scenes in theatre companies, museums, dance companies, contemporary and classical music organizations, art galleries, talent representation and management companies, and television production firms. You will also have the opportunity to see Broadway shows, and visit headquarters of entertainment companies.
Lubin's Master's in Arts and Entertainment Management is one of only two AACSB-accredited programs in New York State. The program leverages our location in New York City and industry contacts to bring in stellar guest lecturers:
- Robert Wankel, Co-CEO and President, The Shubert Organization
- Richard Gelfond, CEO, IMAX
- Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Entertainment, News & Sports, CBS Interactive
- Doug Herzog, President, Viacom Entertainment Group
- Alan Zweibel, President, Big Head Productions; Owner Silly Robin Productions
PACE IS A LEADER IN PERFORMING ARTS!
Pace is home to Bravo TV's long-running Inside the Actors Studio 15-time Emmy-nominated series that is broadcast in 125 countries around the world reaching 89 million homes. Recent guests interviewed include Jennifer Aniston, Jim Carrey, George Clooney, Bradley Cooper, Colin Firth, Al Pacino, James Franco, Brad Pitt, and members of the casts of Glee, Mad Men, and Modern Family. OnStage blog ranked Pace's School of Performing Arts the best undergraduate theater program in New York State for 2018. Additionally, Playbill ranked Pace among the top 10 most represented colleges on Broadway in the 2018-2019 season, with students and alumni in shows like Hamilton, The Book of Mormon, and Waitress.
NEW YORK CITY'S MANY OPPORTUNTIES FOR CAREERS IN THE ARTS
Working in Arts and Entertainment management, you join a significant sector of media and entertainment companies headquartered in New York City.
- New York City is home to 700 performing arts organizations and more than 200 museums and historical sites. (Source: New York City Economic Development Corporation)
- Four major broadcast networks including ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC
- Four major film studios, and several independent studios, makes NYC the second busiest film center next to Hollywood
- Nearly 1,400 not-for-profit arts and cultural organizations
- 17,000 media companies employ more than 300,000 people (Source: New York City Economic Development Corporation)
- Television shows and movies are constantly shot in New York City. You will probably see production trailers and camera crews on your way to class—even inside Pace!
- > Explore arts and entertainment management careers
GAIN SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND A PROFESSIONAL EDGE
Lubin's Arts and Entertainment Management Master's prepares you to analyze and respond as a manager to factors shaping the industry. The Master's offers:
- The skill set you need as a manager in this industry: Learn to analyze and respond as a manager to factors including changing laws, technological changes, union activities, cultural issues, and domestic and international trends
- Formal and systematic management methods of directing and motivating group efforts toward achieving the organization's primary objective: The optimal allocation of resources
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
- Open Houses, Information Sessions, and Online Information Sessions
- Campus tours and video tours
- Financial aid
- Request information
- Application guidelines
- Questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Admission