BBA in Finance
EXCELLENT PREPARATION FOR THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS FINANCE CERTIFICATIONS
Lubin is part of the CFA® Institute University Affiliation Program. CFA Institute recognizes that several of Lubin's finance programs significantly integrate the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge and emphasize the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
CFA is a registered trademark owned by CFA Institute.
"I have always enjoyed working with numbers and data. If I can, I would love to work to help prevent as large of a recession as the one we saw 10 years ago. I am interested in looking at what kind of mechanisms financial institutions have in place to ensure that business conducted is not too risky [or] compromising of the financial security of individuals. Once mastering that, I plan to work full-time in politics either consulting or running for office myself to [ensure] individuals looking to run for office are successful."
- John Carlo Bautista, Class of 2021, HR Manager, Pace Mart student-run business
"There are so many networking opportunities and events here at Pace. The school gives you the chance to connect with and meet many employers and alumni. Additionally, Pace's location gives me access to a lot of employers and internships, sometimes even within walking distance of campus. And the majority of Lubin's professors have real-world experience, having worked in large global companies or other notable entities. My professors are always glad to help students out and genuinely want us to reach our full potential."
- Joey Wong, Class of 2021, President, Pace Investment Club
A REWARDING CAREER IN A CRITICAL ROLE
Your Lubin BBA in Finance is the perfect way to launch your career in one of the most profitable sectors of the economy.
- Shape the financial futures of individuals and organizations
- Explore finance on a global scale
- Connect with executives at major financial institutions
- Apply theory to practice in real business settings
You'll earn a respected BBA and be prepared to succeed across the broad spectrum of business and industry - and you'll do it in the heart of New York City's financial district. Whether you want to join a corporation, government agency, financial institution, insurance company, or nonprofit organization, you'll have both the conceptual background and the tools that will lead to the success of your organization and your own career.
Here's what to expect with a BBA in Finance:
- Enjoy good pay: $61,529 is the mean salary for BBA in Finance graduates (Source: Pace University Career Services Annual Reports) - the median salary for financial managers is $125,080 (Source: O*NET)
- Bond broker
- Corporate finance
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker/broker
- Long-range planner
- Portfolio manager
- Retail financial services
- Venture capitalist
- > Explore finance careers
“Pace has been my guidance, my support into the career development here in the center of the finance world. You see everything involved with investments and banking here. I worked for Societe Generale, the French investment bank. I worked in their foreign exchange department, on their trading floor, in their back office and middle office, and got a full spectrum of what goes on in a bank. I wouldn't have been able to achieve that without Pace. ”
- Asad Sanjani, Class of 2012, Institutional Trader, Flow Traders Institutional Trading US LLC
"What I learned in classes had a lot to do with the development of Deals Hour. My classmates worked in soup kitchens and food pantries that we visited. I learned a lot about food poverty and food wastage. I secured multiple internships thanks to [Pace] Career Services, including Con Edison and Guardian Insurance. I was willing to do anything and everything. If you stay involved, faculty and staff will notice you and more opportunities will come to you."
- Ali Naveed, Class of 2010, Co-Founder, Deals Hour LLC
GAIN USEFUL SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
From the core theoretical financial principles to an abundance of opportunities to apply what you know in meaningful, real-world business settings, the BBA in Finance program is proven and respected. Through Lubin you gain:
- A solid foundation in the core areas of finance
- A deep and broad investment perspective
- A keen sense of 21st-century finance and the skills that matter
- Preparation for various prestigious industry certifications including the CFA, FRM, and CFP
STUDENT MANAGED INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO (SMIP)
Students manage a university-sponsored portfolio worth about $400,000 as part of the FIN 357 course. The students who manage the SMIP engage in direct contact with leading financial analysts and hedge fund managers, conduct research on individual companies, use Bloomberg terminals and stock analysis packages, and create PowerPoint proposals to recommend purchases and sales. The class then votes to approve or reject each recommendation. The SMIP regularly outperforms its benchmarks of the S&P, Dow, and NASDAQ indices. > Learn more
"I interned on a team in the institutional equities division. It opened my eyes to different areas in finance. Before this internship, I never knew exactly how big deals were made and decided. I never knew what it was like to work on a trading floor, but I got to experience it first hand."
- Mikela Stevkovski, Class of 2018, Analyst, JPMorgan Chase
"I interned at a financial firm that specializes in creating and maintaining financial strategies for their clients. I was dealing with many different life insurance policies and learning the inner-workings of the business. My internship prepared me for the future. It opened up my eyes to all the possibilities within the field of finance for myself and those around me."
- Gjek Vukelj, Class of 2018, Associate Trade Closer, IHS Markit
"Underwriting combines two things that I like to do—talk to people, in our case brokers, and perform financial analysis and research. I have strengthened my ability to analyze data and financials both efficiently and effectively. My internship has also given me the opportunity to collaborate with experts in the insurance industry and my team has supported my education by guiding me through things that I didn't understand when I was first introduced to the field."
- Morgan Steadwell, Class of 2017, Team Lead, eVestment
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
- Campus Tours and Video Tours
- Net Cost Calculator
- Merit Scholarship Calculator
- Transfer Credit Evaluator
- Business Major Scholarships
- Questions? Contact Us
GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM WERE HIRED BY:
- Alliance Bernstein
- American Express
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Bloomberg LLP
- Citigroup Global Markets
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Goldman Sachs & Co.
- JPMorgan Chase
- Moody's Investors Service
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- > see job placement statistics
- > learn about our lifetime Career Services
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY-RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING:
- Deutsche Bank
- Fidelity Investments
- JP Morgan Chase
- Madison Square Garden
- Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Omnicom Group
- RBC Capital Markets
- Societe Generale
- WPP Group
- Zenith Optimedia
- > Learn about internship placement
Other Programs You Might Consider
- BBA, NYC WESTCHESTER
- BBA/MS, NYC
- BBA/MBA, NYC WESTCHESTER