BBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Hospitality and Tourism Management - BBA in Management
With a Lubin BBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management, you really can go anywhere—a five-star Manhattan restaurant, an elite hotel in Hong Kong, or a sustainable tourism site in Brazil. You can:
- Launch an exciting and fulfilling career with opportunities to work in destinations around the world
- Manage prestigious venues in New York
- Even start your own business
Lubin's Hospitality and Tourism Management concentration:
- Is the only AACSB-accredited program in the New York City area
- Focuses on management unlike other programs that emphasize technical skills
- Prepares you to rise to leadership positions in tourism, hotel and restaurant management, and event planning and management
And studying in a city with so many five-star establishments advances you faster!
AN EXCITING AND LUCRATIVE CAREER
- Job growth: Hospitality and leisure jobs increased by 27% from 2006-2012 (Source: World Travel and Tourism Council)
- New York City opportunities: Employment in the city's hospitality and tourism industries increased by 25% from 2006-2013 (Source: New York City Labor Market Information Service)
- Global industry: Worldwide revenue from tourism doubled from $15.1 billion in 2001 to $31 billion in 2010 (Source: World Tourism Organization)
- The NYC area added 6,600 hospitality and tourism jobs in 2011 alone (Source: NYC & Company)
- Enjoy good pay: $50,000 mean salary for Hospitality and Tourism majors (Source: Pace University Career Services Annual Reports). $51,800 median annual salary nationally for lodging managers (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Event planner
- Hotel manager
- Restaurant manager
- Director of operations
- Tourism entrepreneur
- > Explore hospitality and tourism management careers
“[During my internship in Italy] I worked in a different language from my native, which was nothing short of motivational because of the challenge. Everything was Italian. I worked in Italian, lived in an Italian village. I got infused in the culture; I had to speak Italian on a daily basis. I tell people that I lived in Italy for seven months and they're amazed that I was still in college. I feel that Pace is a school that prepares its students. I'm really glad I took advantage of all the opportunities it afforded me."
- Topaz Smith, Class of 2014, Contracts Manager, Sustainable Development Solutions Network
GAIN USEFUL SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
Lubin's Hospitality and Tourism Management Program prepares you to analyze and respond to factors shaping the industry: sustainable business goals, environmental considerations, and social, cultural, and economic issues. The BBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management offers:
- A strong business core: Gain skills in financial reporting, operations planning, staff scheduling, organizational development, and policy development
- Opportunities to study abroad for better understanding of this global industry: Learn about sustainable tourism in destinations like the Atlantic rain forest of Brazil, or see what business travelers experience in Hong Kong and London
- Certified knowledge of safety and security in the hospitality industry: From certification in ServeSafe (food safety), to security planning and crisis management, you gain the skills to succeed in increasingly responsible management roles
- Broad understanding and critical analysis of travel, tourism, and policy: Learn how government policy shapes travel, how the industries of tourism (restaurants, hotels, transportation) interact, how destinations are created and promoted, and the dominant trends in international and regional travel and tourism
"Instead of just having lectures in class and going through the textbooks and Powerpoints, Lubin professors really stress the importance of going out to New York City for us to get a really good handle of what it is to be a young professional within the hospitality and tourism industry. For example, we went to the New York Hilton, and got to go behind the scenes to see what it's like the basement, in the kitchen, and we spoke to different employees in all different kinds of jobs within the hotel, to get a good sense of what it's like to be the manager, and the importance of knowing every role."
- Polly Elsey, Class of 2014, Events and Fundraising Officer, Jesuit Social Services
GET IN THE KITCHEN WITH PACE AND THE INTERNATIONAL CULINARY CENTER (ICC)
- Pace and ICC have partnered on Pace's Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) and ICC's Professional Culinary Arts Program
- Get two degrees in less than five years! You'll have a competitive advantage in the industry with a four-year college degree with a concentration in hospitality and tourism management from a top business school, and a culinary arts diploma from a global leader in professional culinary, pastry, and wine education.
- It's so flexible! You can study at ICC first and then come to Pace, or the reverse. Further, ICC offers day and evening programs to fit your busy schedule
- Get professional internships...and externships, a fast track to your dream job. At both Pace and ICC, you will be positioned for incredible professional experiences at some of the top companies in this industry. While at Pace students have interned at Abigail Kirsch Catering, Gramercy Tavern, the Hilton, Le District at World Financial Center, and the Ritz Carlton. At ICC, students have externed at some of the best restaurants in New York City including Blue Hill, Eleven Madison Park, Gramercy Tavern, Jean-Georges, and Restaurant Daniel
- It's about outcomes! Graduates of ICC include Bobby Flay, David Chang, Wylie Dufresne, Christina Tosi, Dan Barber, and many others. Graduates of Pace's Hospitality and Tourism program are working at Epicurean Group Restaurants, Nomo Soho, Trestle on 10th, The Palace Hotel, Union Square Hospitality and many others.
- How Does It Work?
- Graduates of ICC's program will be able to transfer 15 credits toward the Pace BBA HTM program. This may shorten their four-year degree by up to one semester.
- Pace students in the HTM program will be able to matriculate into the ICC program with priority admission and a partial scholarship of $10,000.
- For More Information or To Apply
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
- Campus Tours and Video Tours
- Net Cost Calculator
- Merit Scholarship Calculator
- Transfer Credit Evaluator
- Business Major Scholarships
- Questions? Contact Us
GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM WERE HIRED BY:
- Anfora Wine Bar
- Bentley Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Homewood Suites by Hilton
- Jumeirah Essex
- Leading Hotels of the World
- Lorelei Enterprises & Events Inc.
- Marriott Hotels
- Le Parker Meridien
- Sentry Center
- Soho House
- Thompson Hotel
- > See job placement statistics
- > Learn about our lifetime Career Services
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING:
- Abigail Kirsch Catering
- Gramercy Tavern
- Lorelei Enterprises & Events Inc.
- New York City Convention and Visitor's Bureau (NYC & Company)
- Ritz Carlton (New York and Westchester)
- Trump Hotel Soho
- > Learn about internship placement
Other Programs You Might Consider
- BBA, NYC WESTCHESTER
- BBA, NYC
- BBA, NYC WESTCHESTER