BBA/MBA in Public Accounting
Accounting, Public, BBA/MBA
Earn a combined BBA/MBA in Accounting at Lubin for a streamlined path to success:
- Both degrees in five years
- Launch as a CPA
- Rise to the C-Suite
The demand for sharp, skilled CPAs will see significant growth through the year 2026 according to the U.S. Department of Labor. The combined BBA/MBA program in Accounting will deliver exceptional preparation, a strong foundation, and will streamline your path to the C-Suite.
A REWARDING CAREER IN A CRITICAL ROLE
With your BBA and MBA in Accounting, you'll be prepared for a lifetime of success in any number of professional settings—from one of the Big Four accounting firms, to Wall Street, to main street, and virtually everywhere in between. You'll have the intellectual foundation, the real-world savvy, and the professional connections that will get you to where you want to go. Here's what to expect from the combined BBA/MBA program in accounting:
- Earn good pay: $70,500 per year median pay for accountants and auditors (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics) and an average salary of $90,000 for MBA in Accounting professionals (Source: Payscale)
- Job growth of 10%: Projected job growth of 10% by 2026 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- ; over 1,400 work at Big Four accounting firms
"I really enjoy numbers—specifically math. I knew that I wanted to get the most of my time here at Pace, and the five-year program seems like a sure way to do that... The leadership conferences have shown me how important it is to foster the leader within ourselves and others, and to also listen to those around us. I have always loved seeing the looks on students' faces when they attend a conference and walk out with knowledge that will help them succeed."
- Angelina Prevete, Class of 2022
"I chose Pace University and the Lubin School of Business because I have always had a passion for accounting and Pace has one of the best accounting programs in the nation. The campus is absolutely beautiful and everyone here made me feel like I was at home. "
- Jennifer Giacobbe, Class of 2020, Audit Associate, KPMG
- Public accountant
- Management accounting
- Government accountant
- Internal auditing
- > Explore accounting careers
"One of the key elements in accounting is teamwork, and by interning at Goldman Sachs, I saw firsthand their emphasis on communication. I have learned how important it is to check in with every person on your team and offer assistance when you can. It is always a team effort to get the job done and make the deadline. Although I am still undecided between tax and audit, this experience has opened my eyes to the different opportunities there are within the field of taxation."
- Samantha Schou, Class of 2018, Tax Associate, KPMG
"The [Pace] BBA/MBA program is well-established with the Big Four within New York City, so it's a great opportunity to network with these companies and really get your foot in the door. I had three internships during my time at Pace University. The Big Four accounting firms have a strong presence on campus. I was fortunate to receive an offer from PwC and land a job prior to graduation."
- Daniel Bechhofer, Class of 2013, Director of Global Financial Reporting, Downtown Music Holdings
“I came to Lubin primarily because Pace has this rich history within accounting. The faculty has been stupendous. They're not just professors who come and teach, they're professor who help students grow. As a first-generation college student coming from the Bronx, I didn't have many opportunities growing up, so to come to Pace and be blessed with so many opportunties was just mind-blowing."
- Domingo Rodriguez, Class of 2013, Senior Accountant, VanEck
GAIN USEFUL SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
Since 1906, Pace University has built a reputation as a globally recognized, nationally respected institution with premier programs in accounting. Our combined degree program offers you:
- Exceptional preparation for gaining licensure as a CPA: The combined degree fulfills the 150-credit-hour requirement for public accounting and New York State CPA licensure, so you will be fully prepared to take the CPA exam upon graduation
- A BBA experience that delivers a solid foundation in the core principles of accounting, including financial accounting, managerial accounting, intermediate accounting, cost accounting, accounting information systems, and more
- An MBA experience that builds upon that foundation and covers other important aspects of accounting: organizational behavior and leadership skills, marketing and electronic business, business statistics and modeling, operations and quality management, managerial finance, and business strategy and stakeholder responsibility
- An elite reputation: Lubin's accounting program is accredited by AACSB International, an elite distinction shared by fewer than five percent of business schools in the world
"Whether it's connecting with a plethora of highly-motivated students in professional student organizations such as Beta Alpha Psi or The Industry Network, meeting executives in programs like the Executive in Residence program or the Dean's Roundtable initiatives, or gaining exposure to employers that come on campus such as Goldman Sachs or EY, #LubinLife consists of an endless series of opportunities."
- Avery Pickard, Class of 2021
"With the help of my supervisor, other Beta Alpha Psi members, and Pace alumni, I had the opportunity to shadow professionals in different lines of services. The campus recruiting team set up various Lunch & Learns, Speaker Series, and Partner Panels with various topics. We had a three-day boot camp that gave a very deep understanding of the CPA exam. We were given advice as to how many hours we should be studying per exam."
- Andrea Reyes, Class of 2016, Senior Associate, PwC
LUBIN AND ACCA'S LANDMARK PARTNERSHIP
Lubin and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) USA's landmark partnership links ACCA's globally recognized qualification program to both undergraduate and graduate coursework at Lubin. Accounting students may complete coursework that will qualify them for exemptions from ACCA's exams. >> learn more >> FAQs about the accounting program's ACCA accreditation
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
- Campus Tours and Video Tours
- Net Cost Calculator
- Merit Scholarship Calculator
- Transfer Credit Evaluator
- Business Major Scholarships
- Questions? Contact Us
GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM WERE HIRED BY:
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Grant Thornton
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- The Internal Revenue Service
- > See job placement statistics
- > Learn about our lifetime Career Services
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING:
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Grant Thornton
- Morgan Stanley
- > Learn about internship placement
Other Programs You Might Consider
- BBA/MS, NYC
- BBA/MS, NYC
- BBA, NYC WESTCHESTER