MS in Investment Management
Investment Management, MS
EXCELLENT PREPARATION FOR THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS FINANCE CERTIFICATIONS
Lubin is part of the CFA® Institute University Affiliation Program. CFA Institute recognizes that several of Lubin's finance programs significantly integrate the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge and emphasize the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. The Master's in Investment Management will help students prepare for the Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification, the most widely recognized certification for financial risk management, offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP).
CFA is a registered trademark owned by CFA Institute.
TURN COMPLEXITY AND RISK INTO REWARD
Manage portfolios for individual and institutional investors:
- Pension funds
- High-net-worth individuals
- Hedge funds
Learn how to build portfolios to maximize return, yet keep risk manageable—or work on the "sell" side, facilitating the purchase of stocks, bonds, and other financial products by investment managers. A Master's in Investment Management from Lubin gives you the technical expertise to thrive among financial wizards.
Median salary for financial analysts (Source: O*NET)
ACHIEVE YOUR CAREER GOALS WITH A MASTER'S IN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
Here's what to expect with a Master's in Investment Management:
- Median salary: $108,060 for financial analysts in New York (Source: careeronestop)
- High earning potential working for financial institutions, including banks, insurance companies, investment bankers, and governments
- The best opportunities: Those holding a master's degree will have the edge in this field. (Source: O*NET)
"I always knew I was going to be an entrepreneur. I just didn't expect it to happen this early. I thought I would work for a few years and establish myself in the business world first. I learned everything about the financial markets during my time at Lubin. That later provided the inspiration and foundation for Gebni's demand-adjusted pricing approach to restaurant meals."
- Mohamed Merzouk, Class of 2016, Co-Founder, Gebni
- Treasury director
- Chief financial officer
- Director of risk management
- Senior financial analyst
- Portfolio manager
- Market research analyst
- Personal wealth management advisor
- Investment banking associate
- Commercial bank manager
- Fixed income analyst
- > Explore investment management careers
GAIN SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND A PROFESSIONAL EDGE
The Master's program in Investment Management gives you a thorough understanding of the different equity and fixed income securities available in the financial marketplace, as well as derivative securities such as futures and options contracts. You also learn about specialized investments such as mutual funds and real estate. Through Lubin, you gain:
- Real-time portfolio analysis skills: The Global Portfolio Analysis Center at Lubin allows you to access several financial databases, including Bloomberg, and the opportunity to study and acquire Bloomberg certification.
- Speed to completion: If you have an undergraduate business background, you could complete your Master's in Investment Management with as few as 10 courses—in as few as 15 months.
- An eye for finance: Our program allows you to take some courses in Finance, so you learn how financial managers add value to firms whose cash-flow underpins the securities that investment managers acquire.
- Preparation for prestigious certifications such as the CFA: Student clubs at the Lubin School help students prepare for industry certifications. The Pace chapter of GARP, the Global Association of Risk Professionals, is affiliated with the national GARP association, which offers the Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification. The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) chapter at Pace is affiliated with the CFA Institute, which offers the CFA certification. Student clubs organize national competitions that help prepare students for certification exams.
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
- Open Houses, Information Sessions, and Online Information Sessions
- Campus tours and video tours
- Financial aid
- Request information
- Application guidelines
- Questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Admission
GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM WERE HIRED BY:
- Colonial Consulting LLC
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- UT Dallas
- > See job placement statistics
- > Learn about our lifetime Career Services
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING:
- Cape Securities, Inc.
- Cooper Global Communications
- HighTower Advisors
- Nespresso, USA
- NYC Office of the Comptroller
- The WhiteRock Group, LLC
- > Learn about internship placement