Be a Game Changer
The way we discuss and think about sports is rapidly changing in our current political and economic climate. Stop by the PLV or NYC campuses on Wednesday, October 18, to stay informed!
For as long as there has been media, celebrities have been using their platforms to speak out and affect change—and athletes are no different. If you’re interested in a behind-the-scenes look into sports history and marketing from the experts in the know, Pace is offering two events that will position you as the next game changer:
Wednesday, October 18
Stick to Sports (PLV)
12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
Kessel Conference Room C/D
The Center for Community Action and Research’s Program Coordinator Tyler Kalahar is leading a dialogue on the history of protest in sports and how it informs our current debate about protests in athletics. In this session, you will walk away with the following outcomes:
- > Be able to identify three key protests in athletics from the last 100 years.
- > Identify when the National Anthem became commonplace during athletic events.
- > Outline current events.
A free lunch will be provided during this event.
The New Face of Global Sports Marketing (NYC)
6:30 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
The sports industry spends billions of dollars a year on advertising and PR to influence consumers’ choices through endorsements, promotions, licensing, events, sponsorships, and much more. Learn how this panel of pros develop and deliver winning campaigns—and how you can get into the game.
Guest speakers include Ray Warren, president of Telemundo Deportes; Christine Franklin, SVP of Octagon; and Stephen Master, SVP of Nielsen Sports. The moderator will be Ben Grossman, principal of Selhurst Media Ventures.
Admission is free for Pace University students and faculty. RSVP to reserve your place.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
The NYPD is helping the Pace Community stay vigilant. We invite you to attend an emergency response training session on Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
NYPD Response Training (NYC)
We're kicking off the academic year right with Convocation 2018 in NYC and PLV. This year's speakers include Lubin Dean Neil Braun and award-winning author Imbolo Mbue.
Three Pace students were recently awarded the prestigious 2018 Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, which will allow them to pursue their dreams overseas.
Setters Circle the World