Become an ELI Partner
Pen pals are a wonderful way to make new friendships that could last a lifetime, and the English Language Institute (ELI) at Pace wants to connect you with one! Sign up for their conversation program to start writing today.
The English Language Institute (ELI) at Pace offers a wide range of American English language programs in New York. From intensive English language courses to academic English and test preparation courses to business English and cross-cultural training for professionals and more, they’re committed to providing all kinds of services for those who wish to improve their English. And you can help! They’re in search of Pace students, staff, and faculty, who are interested in volunteering their time as an English conversation partner with an international student this summer.
ELI students represent over 30 countries and are eager to improve their English skills for personal, professional, and academic success. Besides improving their English, they’re also very excited to make a new friend! The conversation partner program is perfect for anyone interested in making a new friend, a student who may be planning to study abroad in 2021, or a staff member interested in staying connected to students. Please be sure to fill out the form in order to be considered. The latest program will begin on Tuesday, May 26. A representative will reach out to discuss all the details and answer any questions you might have about the process.
Interested? Here’s what you need to know:
- >> Info and Expectations Meeting: Participants will attend a 30-minute information and expectations meeting to ensure enjoyment of the volunteer experience.
- >> Weekly Commitment: Participants are expected to meet for one hour every two weeks by phone call, voice message, or video meeting. It is important for the English language learners of the ELI to experience authentic conversations in real time.
- >> Timesheet: A timesheet will be provided to participants to keep track of the hours they have completed.
- >> Certificate of Completion: Certificates of completion that document the number of service hours completed are available starting Tuesday, August 18, 2020.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Women’s basketball member Kendra Cooper-Smith ’23 comes from a family of activists, and she’s all about challenging herself both on and off the court. That’s why she was recently named a 2020 Millennium Fellow!
The Athletic Activist
This week, Pace will begin an ongoing program of community monitoring, which means weekly testing for COVID-19 and 24-hour results. We also have a COVID-19 dashboard, updated daily, so that we can better protect our community—together.
Important Information: COVID-19 Testing
Reps from the NYC Campus fraternities and sororities want to meet you on Tuesday, September 22! Find out more about their philanthropy work and how to get involved during this special meet-up.
Meet the Greeks: Fall 2020