Career Panel: Public and Social Sector (NYC)
Nonprofits, public service, social entrepreneurship—give back to your community in a meaningful and impactful way! Join Pace alumni and faculty for an expert panel on Monday, November 20.
Are you seeking career advice? Curious about potential opportunities in the public service and social sector? Perhaps you already know that a career devoted to solving problems is the one for you and now you’re looking to network with professionals in the field. Either way, you’re going to want to come out to this expert panel on Careers in the Public and Social Sector.
This event, co-sponsored by Pace’s Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship, the MPA Student Association, the Political Science Society, and Pace’s NYC Model UN program, features panelists—some of whom are recent Pace grads—working in fields that apply private sector know-how to solving social and public problems.
Monday, November 20, 2017
6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
157 William Street, Room 110
Monday’s panel will be moderated by Pace University Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the International Disarmament Institute Matthew Bolton, PhD. Panelists include:
- >> Christopher Glancy ’14, Industrial Business Development Manager, Staten Island Economic Development Corporation
- >> Elena Marmo ’15, Community and Supporter Care Coordinator, WaterAid
- >> Greg Van Kirk, Social Entrepreneur, Educator, Consultant
- >> Rosa Franco, Director of Lending, Neighborhood Trust Federal Credit Union
This event is free and open to all members of the Pace Community. Refreshments will be served.
For more information about the Helene and Grant Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship at Pace University, visit the Wilson Center website.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
President of the Pace University Marketing Association (PUMA) Marquise Steward ’20 thrives on the competitive nature of the ad industry, but still struggles with accepting praise. That is, until he received some valuable advice.
The Marketing Executive
Good eats. Great company. Get ready for PLV’s Purim party! Celebrate one of the happiest Jewish holidays on Wednesday, March 13, with a special drag performance by Lady SinAGaga (get it?).
Purim Party (PLV)
The therapy dogs are coming! 12/10 would recommend you be there. Also coming up: the Asian Student Union’s snack shack, Sigma Iota Chi’s taco night, a pageant for inner and outer beauty, and much more on the PLV Campus.
50/50 Rates Dogs (PLV)