Face Coverings at Pace
If you’re planning to be on campus this fall, it is critical that you wear your face covering. Here’s what you need to know about Pace’s face covering policy and how you’ll receive your University face covering.
One of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to wear your face covering. To help create Our Safe Pace, and in accordance with New York State guidelines, Pace University is requiring all faculty, staff, and students to wear appropriate face coverings any time they are in any campus building, and at all times as directed by Pace signage. Face coverings are also required outside any time six feet of physical distance cannot be maintained, and while traveling around campus.
That means that you are required to wear a face covering in the classroom, in common areas, in the hallways, in the library, in elevators, in restrooms, in conference rooms, etc. Face coverings are not required in your residence hall room among your “Family Unit,” in private offices when you are alone, or outdoors when combined with six feet of physical distance.
To help keep Pace safe, the University will provide each member of the Pace Community with a welcome back kit, including two reusable cloth face coverings and hand sanitizer at the start of the fall semester. Any member of the Pace Community may wear their own acceptable face covering rather than the face coverings provided by the University. In addition, disposable face coverings will be available to community members should their face covering become lost or damaged.
DISTRIBUTION OF FACE COVERINGS
University-branded face coverings will be distributed to the Pace Community in a variety of ways, and distribution is based upon community role.
- >> All residential students (NYC, Pleasantville, Elisabeth Haub School of Law) will be provided face coverings and hand sanitizer during the housing check-in process.
- >> Full-time faculty face coverings and hand sanitizer will be packaged by Mail Services on their respective campus location and provided to department heads or department chairs for distribution.
- >> Staff face coverings and hand sanitizer will be packaged by Mail Services on their respective campus location and provided to department heads for distribution.
- >> Adjunct faculty and commuter students may obtain their face coverings and hand sanitizer from a central distribution station at their respective campus location.
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES TO OBTAIN A FACE COVERING
- >> Each Security station will have a supply of disposable face coverings for the University community or visitors, should one be needed. Reusable cloth face coverings will remain available at the central stations or main campus Security Office.
- >> A pre-determined supply of cloth face coverings will be available at “in-person” new student events at the start of the fall semester
- >> The University procurement system will be utilized to replenish stock for faculty, staff, and administrators.
- >> Students may replenish by visiting a campus security office.
Distribution locations will be open the first day of classes, Monday, August 24. Distribution station location, time, or number of stations may change throughout the semester. Please make it a practice to check back for updates to the schedule. See the schedule and location for distribution stations (PDF).
Appropriate use of face coverings is critical in minimizing the risk of COVID-19 transmission to others near you. Remember, a face covering is not a substitute for social distancing. Please see Pace's full policy on face coverings (PDF).
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Mikayla Martin ’23 is a passionate advocate for destigmatizing mental health. She wants to leverage her experience and empathy by becoming a licensed behavior analyst, and to help as many people as possible. Little known fact: did you know she was born in Germany?
The Behavior Analyst
Starting Monday, October 19, we’re kicking off National Transfer Appreciation week with both virtual and socially distanced events. From Career Services workshops to advising and registration tutorials to the Transfer Student Social, we’re all about celebrating our Pace transfer students!
Transfer Student Appreciation Week 2020
Ever wanted to learn how to make games? What about pick up a few coding skills? On Friday, October 9, you’re invited to sign up for an exclusive Seidenberg coding workshop. No previous experience required!
Game Programming with Unity