ITS Connect: October 2019
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and important information from ITS.
Banner 8 is Being Retired
Banner 8 INB (Internet Native Banner) is being retired and will become permanently unavailable on Friday, October 18, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. At that time, the Internet Native Banner (INB) link will be removed from the MyPace Portal (portal.pace.edu).
Banner 9 admin pages provides all the same functionality as Banner 8 and that link will remain available on the MyPace Portal. To access Banner 9 admin pages, users can sign on to the MyPace Portal and select Banner from the left navigation menu.
Please note, all Banner Self-Service (SSB) access will remain unaffected.
To access Banner 9 training, please refer to the resources below:
- >> Banner 9: Training, video tutorials, and guides
- >> Banner 9: Accessing and navigating a page/form (quick start)
- >> Banner 9: Navigation overview and reference (PDF)
Lynda.com is now LinkedIn Learning
In 2015, LinkedIn acquired Lynda.com. Since then, the company has been working to incorporate all Lynda.com content into its own LinkedIn Learning platform. Recently, Pace University's Lynda.com accounts were migrated to LinkedIn Learning. The same great content from Lynda.cοm is delivered through an intuitive, new learning experience that's more personalized and easy-to-use.
It's important to emphasize that LinkedIn Learning is a separate service from LinkedIn. Therefore, you do not need to have a LinkedIn account in order to access LinkedIn Learning content. In addition, if you have an existing LinkedIn account, you do not have to associate it with your LinkedIn Learning account. However, to keep any existing history you had under Lynda.com, you will need to activate your LinkedIn Learning account by March of 2020. See steps below:
1. If you had any existing learning activity, playlists, or past history in your Lynda.com account, you just need to log in to your new LinkedIn Learning account before March of 2020 to validate your account and retain all your content. We recommend that you do this as soon as possible. Log in (MyPace Portal username and password required) and then, at the top, click the "Me" dropdown and review any migrated content saved under the "My Learning" section.
2. If you never logged in to Lynda.com or didn't have any content saved or in progress, then there is nothing that you need to do. However, we invite you to log in and explore the thousands of videos and courses available to you in a variety of categories.
For additional information about LinkedIn Learning (or other topics), please visit our IT Self-Help Center and search available articles.
For more ITS News, visit their webpage.
Social distancing and keeping pace with your exercise routine can be tough. Join Pace's Health and Wellness Committee for virtual workout classes every week that include kickboxing, yoga, and even a weekly step challenge with prizes.
Pace Yourself to Wellness: Online Edition
To help ease some of the high stress and uncertainty amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, the Counseling Center is checking in with a handy mental health guide, plus we share information about resources available to Pace employees through Cigna.
Coping Emotionally with COVID-19
Worry. Anxiety. Grief. The brain-body response to stress is powerful. Dyson Professor of Psychology Sally Dickerson, PhD, discusses human stress responses and ways to best mitigate potential external stressors in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Professor Is In: Sally Dickerson