Job Alert: Associated Press
The Associated Press is offering a unique (and paid!) opportunity to work with their team during the 2018 Midterm Elections. Training starts Monday, October 29, so apply now!
There are three unique types of jobs available, so read the following information carefully! If you’d like more information or wish to apply, please email Beth Bay at the Associated Press or call at (917) 734-1523. Interested students must have a US bank account for direct deposit.
Job #1: Event Tabulation
You’ll be assisting the Associated Press in tabulating election results by receiving incoming calls from stringers across the nation and accurately imputing information into a customized database. You might also be confirming information and data from county and state websites. If you have good interpersonal skills and an attention to detail, keep reading.
- >> You’re free to attend training on one of the following dates: Monday, October 29; Thursday, November 1; or Friday, November 2. It will last anywhere between 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. (Dates are first come, first served.)
- >> You can attend the national rehearsal on Saturday, November 3, from approximately 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- >> The job will take place on Tuesday, November 6, with staggered start times from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. until approximately 2:00 a.m. In addition, some overnight work will be available.
Pay is $15.00 per hour, which includes training.
Job #2: Verification Workers
You’ll be assisting with ensuring the accuracy of information from election night. Those in this role will answer and place calls to county clerk offices across the nation and accurately input and update information into a customized database. The position also requires using various computer-based verification sources to confirm data from county and state websites. If you have interpersonal skills, feel comfortable speaking on the phone, and have an attention to detail, read on.
- >> You’re free to attend training either on Wednesday, October 31, at 2:00 p.m. or Friday, November 2, at 2:00 p.m. (Dates are first come, first served.)
- >> The job will take place on Wednesday, November 7, and Thursday, November 8, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. There will be an opportunity for additional work on Friday, November 9, and Monday, November 11.
Pay is $15.00 per hour, which includes training.
Job #3: Election Coordinator Assistants
Assisting the Election Coordinator in the management of assigned states, you’ll utilize your editorial skills and facility with numbers to help select which of three county sources will be used to report votes at any given time.
- >> You’re free to work on Tuesday, November 6, and the full day on Saturday, November 10.
If these sound like the dream jobs for you, please email Beth Bay at the Associated Press or call at (917) 734-1523.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Career Services has transitioned all of their career-readiness services to virtual formats. Get connected now for help with resumes, 30-second pitches, internship placements, and jobs after graduation. Plus, help for parents who have lost work as a result of COVID-19.
Going Remote with Career Services
President Krislov hosts his first interactive Zoom chat especially for Pace's undergraduate students on Thursday, April 2. Come with your questions and be prepared to chat. He'll be joined by Provost Quiñones, Pleasantville's Dean for Students, and NYC's Assistant Dean for Students.
President Krislov's Zoom Chat
Basketball star and finance major Peyton Wejnert ’20 boasts the best of both worlds: he’s competitive on and off the court, securing a coveted position at PwC for the fall. His secret? “Mental toughness.”
The Corporate Athlete