The Laramie Project 2021
Starting Friday, April 2, Pace Performing Arts will explore the story of Matthew Shepard’s life and devastating death in a powerful retelling of a real-life event that shook a community—and the world—to its core.
In October 1998, Matthew Shepard was found severely beaten and tied to a fence post on the outskirts of Laramie, Wyoming. The 21-year-old student was rushed to hospital, where he died five days later. The Laramie Project records how the community reacted to this tragic event that unfolded on their home soil. Join the Pace Performing Arts as we (virtually) meet the community of Laramie, Wyoming, and hear the retelling of Matthew Shepard’s life and devastating death.
Reserve your tickets for The Laramie Project! Performances will take place as follows:
- >> Friday, April 2, at 7:30 p.m.
- >> Saturday, April 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- >> Saturday, April 3, at 2:00 p.m.
The performance is directed by Professor Benita de Wit. Please be aware that The Laramie Project deals with sensitive topics including homophobia, hate crimes, violence (not depicted, but graphically discussed), strong language, and sexual violence (not depicted, but discussed).
Important Details to Note Prior to Reserving Your Tickets
- >> This virtual production will be taking place online through a Zoom webinar.
- >> You MUST reserve your tickets under the name and email that you will use to sign in to the virtual production.
- >> Only one device per ticket will be allowed to join the virtual production.
- >> In addition to the confirmation email from Brown Paper Tickets, you will receive reminder emails one week, one day, and one hour prior to the virtual production.
- >> In the email to be sent one week prior, you will be sent a registration link for the virtual production. Reminders will be sent one day prior.
- >> In the email to be sent one hour prior, you will receive the link to join the Zoom webinar, a virtual program, and information regarding talkbacks that will follow each performance.
- >> It is mandatory that you provide an email address when purchasing a ticket in order to receive a link and password for the production.
- >> Tickets sales will end two hours prior to showtime.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Center for Undergraduate Research Experiences
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Student Success Tools
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Here’s your shot to help keep Pace safe. The health and safety of the Pace Community is our top priority, and getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is a key part. Check back frequently as we announce vaccine availability for our community.
Vaccine Availability for Pace
Morgan Shanske ’21 doesn’t wait for opportunity—she goes out and gets it by launching a new business: Get Morganized LLC. She’s also an aspiring attorney working for a nonprofit and volunteering at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. Keep up!
The Multifaceted Founder
In observance of National Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Month, Pace student groups PAASA (NYC Campus) and FIRE (PLV Campus) are hosting events all throughout the month. Join them for Take Back the Night, the Speak Out series, workshops, and more.
OSIW Events: April 2021