Library Updates: Fall 2020
The Mortola and Birnbaum Libraries are here for you! Learn more about hours, building use, safety, and important policies for the fall semester. Please be sure to review thoroughly before heading out for that next study session.
The Pace Libraries may look and feel different this semester, but our expert teams are still here to help! Below, you will find important information regarding hours, building use, and much more. Please be sure to review thoroughly before heading out for that next study session:
Monday–Thursday | 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Friday | 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Saturday | CLOSED
Sunday | 1:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. (PLV Campus) and 4:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. (NYC Campus)
*Hours are subject to change as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve.
The Pace Libraries are available for independent study only. Library seating has been reduced by 50–75 percent to ensure six-foot social distancing mandates. The following measures are in place to protect public health:
- >> According to University policy, all users will wear face coverings at all times.
- >> All users will sanitize any areas used as a workspace before and after use.
- >> Furniture may not be moved for any reason in public spaces.
- >> Public computer availability has been heavily reduced and users must sanitize before and after each use.
- >> Group study spaces and sessions will NOT be allowed. The libraries are available for individual study only.
Once Pace Libraries reach capacity, entrance to the library will be temporarily closed until occupancy drops below the limit.
Users may visit their home campus library to borrow materials from the Pace collections during regular library hours. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to request books in advance using the “Request” button within the Library Catalog, and pick up that item at the front desk.
Read more on the Library website regarding detailed instructions regarding book borrowing, requesting books, returning books, laptop policies, and more.
Reserves and Research Services
Circulation of print reserve books and textbooks will NOT be available in Fall 2020 due to the inability to safely handle and lend physical reserve materials with short turnaround time. Electronic reserves are still available and use is encouraged.
Research and Reference Services are still available virtually and F2F. Please use the Ask a Librarian button to access a group of options.
For the most complete and updated information, please be sure to visit the Library website. Note that policies, procedures, and hours are always subject to change.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Center for Undergraduate Research Experiences
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Student Success Tools
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Here’s your shot to help keep Pace safe. The health and safety of the Pace Community is our top priority, and getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is a key part. Check back frequently as we announce vaccine availability for our community.
Vaccine Availability for Pace
Morgan Shanske ’21 doesn’t wait for opportunity—she goes out and gets it by launching a new business: Get Morganized LLC. She’s also an aspiring attorney working for a nonprofit and volunteering at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. Keep up!
The Multifaceted Founder
In observance of National Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Month, Pace student groups PAASA (NYC Campus) and FIRE (PLV Campus) are hosting events all throughout the month. Join them for Take Back the Night, the Speak Out series, workshops, and more.
OSIW Events: April 2021