Mental Health During COVID-19
It’s normal to feel overwhelmed during periods of high stress. That’s why, with the help of the Counseling Centers, we’ve put together a quick list of self-care tips and resources to make each day more manageable. We’re here for you!
The current COVID-19 global pandemic has upended much of our daily routine and future plans. It’s only natural that we’re all feeling increased amounts of stress as we deal with these circumstances, and there are many ways to combat that anxiety and uncertainty—together. Try practicing the following self-care tips from the Pace Counseling Centers in order to make each day more manageable, productive, and self-nourishing:
- >> Take time each day to unplug—even if it’s just for an hour. Let that be time for you.
- >> Stick to a consistent sleep schedule. Aim for eight hours and get creative about establishing a bedtime routine.
- >> Get your heart rate up! Take a stroll outside or sign up for a virtual workout class.
- >> Download self-care apps that offer mindfulness resources like coloring, journaling, and more.
- >> Breathe. Practice proven stress management techniques that involve controlling your breath to relieve stress and anxiety.
- >> Drink more water! This may seem obvious, but making sure you’re consistently hydrated can improve your mood and keep you focused.
- >> Get grit. This is a unique planning tool for establishing what you want and achieving your goals—step by step.
- >> Make an appointment with the Counseling Center. They’re here to help, and they’re only a phone call away.
- >> Stay connected with family and friends by planning virtual events like Netflix watch parties, multiplayer games like Among Us, and FaceTime chats.
- >> Protect yourself and others by wearing a mask when you’re in public spaces.
Don’t forget: Pace’s Just in Case App is also a great resource for connecting you with many support services you might need, including important mental health information. You’re not alone. We’re here to help!
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Center for Undergraduate Research Experiences
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Student Success Tools
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Here’s your shot to help keep Pace safe. The health and safety of the Pace Community is our top priority, and getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is a key part. Check back frequently as we announce vaccine availability for our community.
Vaccine Availability for Pace
Morgan Shanske ’21 doesn’t wait for opportunity—she goes out and gets it by launching a new business: Get Morganized LLC. She’s also an aspiring attorney working for a nonprofit and volunteering at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. Keep up!
The Multifaceted Founder
In observance of National Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Month, Pace student groups PAASA (NYC Campus) and FIRE (PLV Campus) are hosting events all throughout the month. Join them for Take Back the Night, the Speak Out series, workshops, and more.
OSIW Events: April 2021