Middle States: A Refresher
What is Pace’s mission? Can you describe Middle States? You might be asked these and other questions when accreditors visit your campus starting Sunday, March 31. Prepare for this very important process by reviewing our tip sheet.
Middle States: A Refresher
The Middle States Self-Study is a two-year process begun in Fall 2016 that culminates in a visit by a team of peer reviewers from Sunday, March 31–Wednesday, April 3. The peer reviewers will be engaging the entire Pace Community during their visit. This is an important opportunity to engage in a comprehensive self-assessment of how effectively Pace implements its mission and vision, evaluate our assessment practices, and review our compliance with federal and state regulations.
During the visit, team members will ask to meet with members of the Pace Community. Open forums for faculty, students, and staff will be held on Monday, April 1, and Tuesday, April 2.
How Can You Best Prepare?
To prepare for the visit, download and read the Self-Study. It is the story of Pace and all the great work we do here, and how we can continue to improve. Log in with your Pace credentials to get your copy, see the members of the evaluating team, and check out the FAQs.
For further preparation, we encourage you to watch the Middle States Self-Study video. By the end of the video, we invite you to consider, and be able to answer, the following questions:
- >> What is Pace’s mission?
- >> How is the spirit of Pace’s mission reflected in what you do?
- >> In what ways does Pace support your success?
- >> What is Pace doing to assure a campus environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and increasingly diverse?
- >> How do you describe the institution to prospective students?
- >> What is the most significant change since you have been here?
- >> If someone gave Pace $1 million, how would you recommend it be spent?
- >> What do you know about Middle States Accreditation?
We asked some members of the Pace Community these questions to help them prepare and here's what they had to say: Middle States Q&A
Questions? For additional information regarding Middle States, please visit their website.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
SGA’s Executive Vice President Angie Siguenza ’21 is a first-gen student who speaks three languages, landed a spot in the prestigious Goldman Sachs Women’s Leadership Camp, and, oh yeah, she even boxes.
The Financial Executive
From the social construction of New York to Spain’s “Pact of Silence” to the identity of Canadian Kashubs, Dyson is inviting expert speakers to deliver seminars that will expand your cultural awareness in humanities and the social sciences.
Dyson Seminars: Spring 2020 (NYC)
Did somebody say Taco Tuesday? Pace is serving up a ton of tasty events that will sate any sweet (or savory) tooth. We’re talking cupcakes, snacks, and one big banquet you won’t want to miss.
Order Up! Tasty Events