Now Seeking: Wilson Center Fellows
The Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship invites Pace faculty members to apply to become a Wilson Center Fellow! Applications are due August 14.
The Helene and Grant Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship was established in 2005 to serve the nonprofit community and Pace University. Launched with a pledge from Helene and Grant Wilson, the center thrives on the intersection of entrepreneurial management, social ventures, and philanthropic know-how.
From now until August 14, the Wilson Center invites Pace faculty members to apply for appointment as 2019–2020 Wilson Center Fellows. Fellow serve a one-year term, in which they will work on a specific project that supports the Center's mission. In return, scholars will receive a $5,000 award paid in two installments.
- >> Be a faculty member at Pace. Tenure-track or tenured candidates preferred. New/incoming faculty are also eligible to apply.
- >> Submit a 1–2 page interim report in April 2020.
- >> Participate in a Faculty Steering Committee for a three-year term including the award year.
- >> Give permission to display work on the University’s Digital Commons repository.
- >> Participate in an on-campus research presentation in the academic year following the award year.
- >> Submit a final deliverable (working paper) acknowledging the Wilson Center by September 2020.
By August 14, 2019, candidates must submit (1) an 800 word abstract and (2) a curriculum vitae using the following Qualtrics link. Fellows will be selected based on the strength of their applications in a blind review by the Wilson Center Faculty Steering Committee, which is made up of past Fellows. It is anticipated that four Fellows will be appointed, with an expected announcement date of September 27, 2019. Application details are available on the Wilson Center website.
Each application will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- >> Project advances the identification and analysis of immediate issues facing nonprofits and social enterprises;
- >> Proposal includes a publishable research project with a one-year deliverable deadline. Please note: your piece does not need to be accepted for publication within the year, but should be submission-ready;
- >> Project engages current Pace students in the research
For more information or any direct inquiries, email the Wilson Center Faculty Steering Committee.
Nominations for the Kenan Award for Teaching Excellence are open through February 28! Plus, a faculty grant opportunity in the humanities.
Faculty Corner: February 2020
The health and safety of our students, staff, and faculty is our top priority. Learn more about the University's recent travel suspension, resources for health and wellness, and academic continuity planning.
University Update on Wuhan Coronavirus
President Krislov talks exciting new developments in New York City, and looks ahead to the strong future Pace is building for 2020 and beyond.
From the Desk of President Krislov