Sneak Peek at CCAR
Get involved both locally and globally by joining the Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR). CCAR works hard to coordinate Pace’s participation in several national civic engagement initiatives. Effect change right now!
Did you know that during the 2018–2019 academic year, more than 2,802 Pace students participated in community service? Our Setters donated over 56,618 hours of their time to help their communities—and you can do the same! It all starts with the Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR). CCAR is the place for Pace students who want to become leaders in their communities, and to participate in civic engagement both locally and globally. There are so many ways to get involved!
Some volunteer opportunities include:
- >> Painting murals for elementary school children;
- >> Distributing food to families in need;
- >> Helping adults with developmental disabilities;
- >> Socializing puppies for adoption at no-kill shelters; and much more.
Some job opportunities include:
- >> Lobbying elected officials for increased financial aid;
- >> Participation in workshops designed to train the next generation of civic activists;
- >> Registering folks to vote;
- >> Engaging in petition drives; and much more.
CCAR also houses Pace’s chapter of the Project Pericles program. Project Pericles is a national not-for-profit organization that encourages and facilitates commitments by colleges and universities to include social responsibility and participatory citizenship as essential elements of their educational programs. Through Project Pericles, students learn about the issues impacting our society and develop the skills to address them.
If you want to get involved and start making a difference, check out CCAR’s blog and be sure to follow them on social media (links can be found on their blog!). For information on upcoming events, to subscribe to their newsletter, or for any other inquiries, you can email the NYC Campus team or the PLV Campus team.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Center for Undergraduate Research Experiences
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Student Success Tools
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Here’s your shot to help keep Pace safe. The health and safety of the Pace Community is our top priority, and getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is a key part. Check back frequently as we announce vaccine availability for our community.
Vaccine Availability for Pace
Morgan Shanske ’21 doesn’t wait for opportunity—she goes out and gets it by launching a new business: Get Morganized LLC. She’s also an aspiring attorney working for a nonprofit and volunteering at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. Keep up!
The Multifaceted Founder
In observance of National Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Month, Pace student groups PAASA (NYC Campus) and FIRE (PLV Campus) are hosting events all throughout the month. Join them for Take Back the Night, the Speak Out series, workshops, and more.
OSIW Events: April 2021