Staying Social While Distancing
Dyson College is serving up a detailed list of proven tips and tools while we all continue to practice social distancing leading up to the Fall 2020 semester. Be sure to check in with yourself and reach out! We’re here for support.
Dyson College is serving up a detailed list of tips and tools to hopefully make this time of social distancing a little easier, particularly as we gear up for the start of the Fall 2020 semester. This has been a difficult time for everyone, and we get that. Check out their full list of recommendations that includes seven expert-approved tips on how you can be productive, minimize stress, feel good, and engage with others while staying safe. Here were some of our favorites:
- >> Establishing a dedicated workspace to signal to your brain that you are “open for business,” as well as calming areas to signal “closing time.” Keeping these separate can really help!
- >> Learn more about how you personally cope with stress, and read through the resource list provided by the Counseling Center to get started on healthy management.
- >> Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! This might seem simple, but drinking plenty of water will detoxify your system and keep your brain working at optimal levels.
- >> Try out a few ways you can remain social while continuing to distance yourself physically from loved ones. It’s absolutely possible!
- >> Write. It’s a wonderful form of expression—whether you decide to share what you’re working on or keep it to yourself for your own personal records.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Center for Undergraduate Research Experiences
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Student Success Tools
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Tune in, PaceU, because Ashvin Kapoor ’24 is going live. He’s the brains behind The Ashvin Show, a radio program dedicated to making people laugh during a tumultuous time in history. This is one future talk show host to watch (and listen)!
The Talk Show Host
The results are in! On Thursday, April 22, join us for the NYC Campus English Department Writing Awards ceremony honoring excellence in writing across genres. There will also be a special reading of new works. Let’s get inspired.
2021 English Department Writing Awards
On Tuesday, April 20, catch an exclusive screening of From Here, a documentary about an international generation’s fight for belonging in an era of rising nationalism. A live Q&A will follow with filmmaker Christina Antonakos-Wallace and others.
From Here Screening and Q&A