What’s Happening in HR: May 2019
May is Civility Awareness Month! Are you a civility champion? If so, you’ll have the opportunity to win some tickets to the movies.
Announcing: A–Z Training Resource Directory
The A–Z Training Resource Directory is a "one stop shop" where you can search for training by key-word, category, or by the title under the A–Z index at the top. You can also submit training that your team or department sponsors. Visit the A–Z Training Resource Directory!
May Is Civility Awareness Month!
Human Resources is inviting the Pace Community to use the YES I Make It Happen recognition program from May 1, 2019, through June 15, 2019, to recognize staff and student workers for being civility champions. Five civility champions will be randomly selected to win a pair of movie tickets. All civility champions will receive a certificate of appreciation.
Pace Community Standards:
- >> Model the behavior you would like to see from others.
- >> Speak up—do not let your silence condone disrespectful behavior.
- >> Be mindful that conflict is healthy if expressed appropriately—you are not always right and others are not always wrong.
- >> Be a respectful listener.
- >> Remember that your tone of voice matters: It’s not what you say, it’s what others hear!
- >> Consider how your use of technology (email, social media, etc.) helps or hinders a respectful work environment.
- >> Make an effort to have difficult conversations in person or by telephone, not electronically.
- >> Embrace a positive and solution-oriented approach to resolving conflicts or expressing complaints.
- >> Show appreciation by saying please and thank you.
- >> Keep in mind that kindness has a ripple effect—treat everyone with respect and consideration.
Pace professors are ending the semester strong, weighing in on a number of current and evergreen issues in this month's edition of Fit to Print.
Fit to Print: May 2021
On June 2 and 3, the Pace Community will be paying it forward via our annual Giving Day. Make a difference in the life of a Pace student by joining the 1906 Challenge!
Giving Day 2021
Partner with a Library Liaison for all your research needs! Set up an appointment today to start making more of a difference with data and sources.
The Library Shelf: May 2021