Workshop With Lubin
Want to learn more about owning a small business? Think you can hustle? Lubin is rolling out three workshops in 2018 on the NYC Campus to help you do just that!
Thursday, February 8 | 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. | 163 William, 3rd Floor Conference Room
Lubin is partnering with FranNet, one of North America’s top franchise consultants, to help you learn more about the fundamentals of franchising. The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Common myths and truths about franchising.
- -Types of franchises available in a variety of industries.
- -Government regulations for franchises.
- -Importance of personal goals and objectives to consider when thinking about franchising.
- -How to research and select the right franchise for you.
- -How to finance a franchise business.
- -Available resources from an industry leader at no cost.
Small Business Accounting Basics
Tuesday, February 27 | 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. | One Pace Plaza Room TBD
The Pace Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has brought on a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to teach you the fundamentals of accounting so that you are better equipped to handle your business' financials. The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Basic accounting terms and procedures.
- -Tracking sales and expenses.
- -Simple and low-cost ways to set up a bookkeeping system.
Learn the basics of debits and credits, how to classify accounts and transactions, and the processes for day-to-day accounting and best practices! After the presentation, you will have the chance to participate in a Q&A to address any questions or concerns you might have.
Small Business Financial Statements 101
Tuesday, March 6 | 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. | One Pace Plaza Room TBD
The Pace Small Business Development Center has brought on a Certified Public Accountant to help you understand your business' financial statements in order to assess its financial performance and apply for small business financing.
The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Introduction to the different types of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows).
- -How to understand and prepare the components of the financial statements.
- -How to make projections for sales and expenses.
Learn how to read and interpret your business' financial data and the financial statements needed for a small business loan package. After the presentation, you will have the chance to participate in a Q&A to address any questions or concerns you might have.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Center for Undergraduate Research Experiences
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Student Success Tools
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
As the founder and president of the Pre-Veterinary Club, Lara Ellentuck ’22 has been hard at work creating a space for animal lovers all across the Pace Community. She’s interned at animal shelters and hospitals, and she’s excited to share her expertise with others.
The Aspiring Vet
Upgraded classrooms, collaborative study areas for students, and specialized conference rooms are coming your way this fall.
New Space at Pace
Thinking of launching your own business venture? Pace’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is offering a ton of free workshops to help you get started on crafting your brand story, strategizing customer engagement, and more.
SBDC Workshop Series: Spring 2021