Workshop With Lubin
Want to learn more about owning a small business? Think you can hustle? Lubin is rolling out three workshops in 2018 on the NYC Campus to help you do just that!
Thursday, February 8 | 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. | 163 William, 3rd Floor Conference Room
Lubin is partnering with FranNet, one of North America’s top franchise consultants, to help you learn more about the fundamentals of franchising. The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Common myths and truths about franchising.
- -Types of franchises available in a variety of industries.
- -Government regulations for franchises.
- -Importance of personal goals and objectives to consider when thinking about franchising.
- -How to research and select the right franchise for you.
- -How to finance a franchise business.
- -Available resources from an industry leader at no cost.
Small Business Accounting Basics
Tuesday, February 27 | 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. | One Pace Plaza Room TBD
The Pace Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has brought on a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to teach you the fundamentals of accounting so that you are better equipped to handle your business' financials. The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Basic accounting terms and procedures.
- -Tracking sales and expenses.
- -Simple and low-cost ways to set up a bookkeeping system.
Learn the basics of debits and credits, how to classify accounts and transactions, and the processes for day-to-day accounting and best practices! After the presentation, you will have the chance to participate in a Q&A to address any questions or concerns you might have.
Small Business Financial Statements 101
Tuesday, March 6 | 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. | One Pace Plaza Room TBD
The Pace Small Business Development Center has brought on a Certified Public Accountant to help you understand your business' financial statements in order to assess its financial performance and apply for small business financing.
The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Introduction to the different types of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows).
- -How to understand and prepare the components of the financial statements.
- -How to make projections for sales and expenses.
Learn how to read and interpret your business' financial data and the financial statements needed for a small business loan package. After the presentation, you will have the chance to participate in a Q&A to address any questions or concerns you might have.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Student Resources
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Rachel Vetterman ’22 transferred to Pace to pursue a combined degree: a BA in Childhood Education and an MSEd in Special Education. She’s passionate about supporting all the students she’s worked with, but it was one moment on the job that really changed her perspective.
The Passionate Educator
Gabriela Wojcik ’21 is a first-gen American who transferred to Pace eager to explore all the opportunities her Communication Studies major offered. She’s the current vice president of Tau Sigma, and she hopes to guide other transfer students, too.
The Vice President
On Tuesday, October 20, Emmy Award-winning actor and political activist Richard Schiff will talk all things politics with Pace President Marvin Krislov. Schiff will also discuss his role in the hit drama series The West Wing, and how life often imitates art.
Talking Points with Richard Schiff