Office of Research: Grants Clearance Process Instructions
Instructions for Pace University Grant Clearance
Effective January 1, 2020, all signatures on the clearance forms will be accepted through Adobe sign. For information on how to request an Adobe Sign account, please click on Adobe Sign Support. Follow the instructions below and use the PDF version of the Grant Proposal Clearance Form (GPCF) for processing through Adobe Sign to acquire the necessary signatures.
1. Complete the Grant Proposal Clearance Form (DOCX) electronically with an attached project description/abstract and detailed budget in Excel Format.
2. Save the completed form on your desktop or laptop using the following format GrantClearance_Faculty Name_Grant Name_Grant Deadline Date.pdf for accurate record keeping, e.g. GrantClearance_Samuel Smith_NIH_09-26-2018.pdf
3. Log into Adobe Sign. Once logged in, click Send on the left hand corner of the page.
- Enter the email addresses for signatures in the Recipients box in the following order:
- Principal Investigator
- Co-investigator (if applicable)
- Department Chair
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Director (If submitting a proposal to a foundation, the grant clearance form should be signed by Susan Cergol, Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations)
- Associate Provost for Research
- *Click Show CC. Please enter the email addresses of Eric Torres, Director for the Office of Research, and Jose Cueto, Grants Coordinator.
- In the Message box, please enter the name of the clearance form, and write a message requesting signatures for grant clearance approval.
- Add the clearance form packet in the Files box by clicking on Add Files.
- Select Preview & Add Signature Fields underneath the Files box.
- Click Send.
- On the top right hand corner in the Recipients box, click on the upside-down arrow to view the list of emails of the people selected for signatures. Select the corresponding email.
- In the Signature Fields box, click on the Signature tab. Drag the Signature tab in the corresponding line on page 3 of the clearance form (e.g. for Associate Provost for Research approval, place signature block on Associate Provost for Research approval line).
- Click Send.
Any Adobe Sign questions should be emailed to Jose Cueto.