Partnership for Advising Excellence (PAX)
Welcome to Academic Advising at Pace University. This website is brought to you through the Partnership for Advising Excellence (PAX) and the efforts of many professional staff and faculty interested in making academic advising an informative and gratifying experience for everyone at Pace.
Research tells us that a combination of developmental, holistic and proactive advising in combination creates the most successful advising model. It is the hope of everyone in PAX that this website will be an effective and useful resource for faculty and professional advisors as they help students make critical decisions about their majors, courses, and careers.
The success of Pace students is dependent upon the work they do with their advisors to plan their educational career at Pace. Academic advising is so much more than just schedule planning. This site is reflective of that fact, showing the many approaches to advising, as well as the many areas in which an advisor must be knowlegeable of in order to effectively advise students. Please explore this site and all that it has to offer and provide feedback to help us enhance the site. Through all of our work together we can help students connect, engage, and learn as they progress toward graduation.
Sue Maxam. Ed.D.
Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Education
Pace University strives to be a leader and innovator in academic advising among private institutions by providing consistent, comprehensive training, support and development programs.
Pace University's academic advising is a dynamic, collaborative process empowering students to develop academic, career, personal and life goals. Students learn to identify and take advantage of the university's diverse resources, services and program opportunities. Through self-reflection, critical thinking and academic exploration, students create an individualized educational plan to succeed in a global society.
- Develop academic, career, personal, and life goals
- Understand and fulfill academic requirements to complete degree program
- Reflect on personal values as they relate to aspirations
- Create and regularly evaluate individualized educational plan and progress
- Navigate and take advantage of university resources, services and program opportunities based on individual and professional needs
- Know university policies and procedures
- Explore and experience the connectedness between formal learning, citizenship and service
- Become self-reflecting, critical thinkers necessary for successful professionals and leaders
- Take responsibility and a proactive role in decision making process
- Realize the importance of liberal learning as a strong foundation for the professions
- Recognize advising is a teaching and learning process
- Provide accurate and timely information to assist in making informed educational decisions