main navigation
my pace
Office of Student Assistance

Leaves of Absence


For various reasons, students sometimes find it necessary or desirable to interrupt their enrollment at Pace University. Students who wish to commence a leave of absence in order to pursue academic endeavors or an internship elsewhere, or for reasons of employment obligations or a serious medical condition of certain family members of the student, should consult the University’s Leave of Absence policy (Undergraduate | Graduate). A student, who has a serious medical condition, whether physical or mental, may wish to consider a leave pursuant to the University’s Medical Leave of Absence policy. (Undergraduate | Graduate). Military veterans returning to the University from active duty should review the University’s Military Leave of Absence policy (Undergraduate | Graduate).

Before submitting the completed initial forms to the Office of Student Assistance, students should consult with their academic advisor and the Financial Aid Office to determine what impact, if any, a leave will have on their course of study and graduation date, and their financial aid status. Pursuant to the Resumption of Studies policy, (Undergraduate | Graduate), students returning from a leave of absence must complete a Resumption of Studies form.

Each of the leaves of absence policies and the Resumption of Studies policy contain links to the forms necessary to begin the process for obtaining a leave of absence and reenrolling, respectively.

Copies of the leaves of absences policies and the Resumption of Studies policy also may be found in the University’s Undergraduate Catalog and Graduate Catalog.