Bachelor of Science, BS/Master of Science in Education, MSEd
New York City
Two Degrees + Two Certifications in Just Five Years
The combined degree program offers the opportunity to earn both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree, and a minimum of two teaching certificates in just five years. Make a seamless transition from undergraduate to graduate work in less time than students who begin the graduate program after earning a bachelor's degree, and satisfy the New York State requirement to teach in-state.
Be Ahead of the Class
- Practice real teaching using our virtual reality classroom simulator. Did you know that Pace is one of the only schools in the region with this technology?
- Our teachers enter the field with experience. From your sophomore year, you’ll participate in immersive fieldwork and student teaching experience that include tutoring and small group instruction.
- Get hired. We have strong partnerships with local school districts and our our students are getting hired before they even graduate.
Take Courses Like…
In the combined degree program, the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Education are earned concurrently. In the fifth year of the program, you will work towards your graduate degree and become certified in TESOL, special education or literacy.
- TCH 201 Education I: Understanding Schools
- TCH 498 Supervised Student Teaching and Seminar
- ED 690 Teacher as Researcher
Add Opportunities And Experiences
Because experience is key, starting in your junior year, you will participate in our Center for Professional Development (CPD) model where you will practice your teaching skills through the completion of your undergraduate program. Receive hands-on experience in schools one day a week in your junior year and between two and five days during your senior year. You’ll observe and tutor students, as well as provide small and eventually whole group instruction. Not only will you be able to apply what you are learning in the classroom, but also have the opportunity to explore different grade levels as you proceed through the program. As a CPD candidate, you have a unique opportunity to foster professional relationships with mentor teachers, students, and school staff, all in support of the diverse population of the students that you are serving.
Choose Your Career
Choose your initial certification in early childhood education (birth–grade 2), childhood education (grades 1–6), early childhood and childhood dual certification (birth – grade 6), or adolescent education (grades 7–12). Then chose your graduate path to become certified in special education or literacy.
Where Graduates Are Employed
- NYC DOE
- Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam Public School Districts
of our graduates are employed or continuing their education
highest paid education graduates in the US (Source: College Factual)
highest paid special education graduates in the US (Source: Grad Reports)