Certificate in Digital Graphic Design
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, PDF, Print
About the Class
The core of this Certificate in Digital Graphic Design program will cover Adobe Creative Cloud software tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat PDF and also WordPress to build your portfolio website. Students will learn proper Adobe workflow processes and best practices to design, create, build and export content for print and digital outputs. Students will learn the concepts, tools, and techniques to design flyers, postcards, banners, ads, magazines, digital content and more.
The learning objectives of our programs are to develop technology skills and soft skills of student learners to enable them to plan, design, build, and integrate digital tools for print and the web.
- End to end process in Digital Graphic Design
- Understand the latest in graphic technologies, utilizing best practices
- Learn how to effectively use digital assets in workflow processes
- Design and build multi- page products/ content for a variety of different platforms
- In this program students will learn the tools and how they can integrate the software and technologies to design flyers, postcards, banners, ads, magazines, digital content and more
Software and topics
- Digital Assets Management (DAM): In this class students will review the Digital Assets Management workflow using Adobe Bridge and formats, and best practices for graphic design.
- Photoshop: In these classes students will use Adobe Photoshop for color correction, retouching, photo-montage, special effects and graphic design.
- Illustrator: In these classes students will design using Adobe Illustrator: ads, banner, logos, infographics for data visualization and elements for graphic design.
- Adobe XD: In these classes students will design the mockup and prototype the UI and UX of a website.
- WordPress: In these classes students will create an entire website using WordPress. Adding pages, interactive banners, gallery, contact forms, and more.
- InDesign: In these classes students will create marketing material and multiple pages documents such as magazines and newsletters using Adobe InDesign.
If you want to know more about the program set up a meeting with the instructor Eugenio, You will receive a meeting confirmation after signing up.
Acrobat PDF: In these classes students will learn the process to prepare PDF documents for high quality printing in digital an mechanical printers.
Final Project Graphic: In these classes students will create projects using the Adobe tools: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign to create their own portfolio.
If you want to know more about the program set up a meeting with the instructor Eugenio. You will receive a meeting confirmation after signing up. also you can contact Eugenio by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about enrollment, payment plans and payment methods please contact us CPS@pace.edu
Who Should Enroll
- Students who are literate in PC or MAC based software/ or operating system who want to learn digital graphic design.
- Anyone with a print background, graphic designer, photographer, developer, marketing and communication professional looking to acquire a strong foundation of skills and knowledge in digital design or applying these skills to the web.
- Design entrepreneurs, small business owners, freelancers and others looking to learn how to use the Adobe tools for graphic design.
- If you work as a freelancer or if you are looking for a job that requires Graphic Design skills, this class is going to give you a strong foundation in digital graphic design.
Meet the instructor
Eugenio Solis de Ovando
Eugenio Solis de Ovando is a Graphic Consultant with more than 20 years of experience in Digital Graphics. He provides services to advertisement agencies, newspapers, magazines, graphic design agencies, photography studios, universities, editorials, printers and others. Eugenio has advanced skills in Digital Retouching, 2D and 3D Infographics, Editorial Workflow, Digital Color Management, Digital Photography Workflow, Prepress, Web Design and Digital Publishing. Eugenio is a Trainer in Adobe Software.