Developing Effective Job Descriptions
About the Class
Since creating, revising and leveling job descriptions can be a difficult task, this seminar will help participants master this important function. Clearly defined job descriptions outline the outcomes you desire in attracting, motivating and retaining key talent. Participants will learn practical tips and tools to create job descriptions for use in salary administration and performance appraisals to match the needs of your organization.
- Purpose and use of job descriptions
- Practices and principles of job analysis
- Setting workforce expectations
- Federal guidelines relating to exempt, nonexempt, and independent contractor status
- Creation, revision, and leveling of job descriptions
Who Should Enroll
- HR generalists
- Employee relations specialists
- Internal HR consultants
- Middle and senior line managers
Meet The Instructor
Ray LaManna is currently the owner of his own human resources consulting firm, specializing in employee relations, training and coaching. In addition, he is Professor of Management at the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College.