Enrich Your Mind
Our BA in English fosters the development of strong communications skills and can serve as a solid foundation for graduate professional study. This program will also prepare you for exciting and challenging careers in many fields: communications, publishing, public relations, education, human resources, and industry, as well as government and the not-for-profit sector.
Shape Your Studies
- Choose a track in either writing or literature to develop depth of knowledge.
- Complete at least one internship to explore professional opportunities.
- Bring studies to a strong close through a capstone course.
Take Courses Like…
With a BA in English, you have choices. You may concentrate on literature or creative writing, or professional writing (writing for media outlets, verbal and presentational skills for the workplace).
- LIT 324H Studies in American Literature: The Harlem Renaissance
- LIT 290R Fairy Tales: From Medieval to Modern
- ENG 223 Creative Writing
- ENG 223F Writing about Culture
- ENG 212 Introduction to Genre Studies
Our majors are prepared to think with precision and nuance, to research and synthesize information, and to communicate clearly—skills that are the bedrock of professional success.
Add Opportunities And Experiences
The English Department at Pace’s Westchester Campus is more than a collection of courses or degrees: it is a community. We are committed to providing our students with opportunities for involvement both in and out of the classroom, tailored to their own interests and goals.
- Sigma Tau Delta is the international honors society of English studies. In addition to leadership and mentoring opportunities, students compete for substantial prizes, scholarships, and awards.
- Pace’s art and literary magazine, CHROMA, publishes students’ original fiction, poetry, prose, artwork, and photography. CHROMA provides a medium through which students can creatively express themselves.
- Students with an interest in journalism or professional writing and editing gain hands-on experience working on our student newspaper, The Pace Chronicle.
Choose Your Career
With our BA in English, you’ll develop the skills that are in high demand with today’s employers: persuasive, clear, and concise writing; critical analysis; organized thinking; and confident verbal communication abilities.
Nearly one-third of English majors work in the education sector, and another third work as creative artists, broadcasters, writers, editors, journalists, or public relations specialists.
Where Graduates Are Employed
- Adapt Courseware
- Blue Book Construction Company
- Bolden & Bonfiglio, LLC
- Briarcliff High School
- Fox Lane High School
- Greenwich Public Schools
- Hudson Global
- JPMorgan Chase
- Kendal on Hudson
- Manhattan College
- Pearson Education
- Port Chester High School
- Preston High School
- Williams & Mahoney, LLC
- Yorktown Stage