About the Class
Human Resources and Payroll often work hand in hand to make sure employees are compensated according to various labor laws within the state while enforcing company policies and procedures. Whether it’s the hiring process and completing a W-4 or direct deposit paperwork to terminating an employee and processing a final paycheck or severance payments, Human Resources and Payroll work closely together. It’s important to understand the role each of these divisions plays within an organization and how each impact one another. This course will help assist with that as well as the challenges both divisions may face. Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Practice payroll concepts including FLSA, employment forms, classification, customer service, communication, time management
- Learn payroll calculations such as overtime, fringe benefits, voluntary/involuntary deductions
- Discuss record keeping and payroll practices like payment methods, record keeping, systems, and penalties
Who Should Enroll?
- HR Professionals
- Benefit Professionals
- Payroll Employees
Meet the instructor
Marie Esposito was born and raised in upstate New York in the city of Schenectady. She graduated from Bryant and Stratton Business College with an Associate Degree in Business Management/Accounting. She also graduated from Empire State College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Economics & Finance. She has been working in the payroll industry for 25 years, utilizing various in-house and outsourced payroll processes, procedures and payroll systems.
- This course is approved for valuable recertification credits by both HRCI and SHRM.
- This program has been approved for 7 General recertification credit hours towards PHR®, SPHR®, and GPHR® recertification.
- This course is approved for 7 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP recertification.