Strategic Human Resource Management
About the Class
Since HR has a unique cross-functional and global perspective of the organization’s most critical asset-the knowledge, skills and abilities of its workforce-HR leaders can create value by consulting and advising on aligning workforce assets with strategic demands. HR can also apply value chain analysis to its own business, identifying cost centers, its core competencies and activities that may be candidates for outsourcing.
It is not enough to call ourselves a strategic partner. To be a strategic partner we must focus on outcomes. In addition, HR must be credible to the business. Credibility requires different competencies and this course will focus on those competencies. At the end of the course, participants will understand how to:
This two-day course will confer the full 15 HRCI Strategic Management Credits needed to recertify the SPHR certification, in addition to 15 SHRM recertification hours.
- Improve the strategic relationship between effective HRM and core business functions.
- Better apply information with which to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
- Design strategies to ensure a strong customer service culture in the HR function.
- Develop visions for critical solutions to organizational human capital challenges.
For students interested in enrolling, please fill out our wait-list form.
Meet The Instructor
Ray Rokicki Jr. / MBA/HRM, SHRM-CP, PHR
Ray Rokicki Jr. currently works as the Director of Human Resources for The Oaks at Denville, a SpringPoint Senior Living Community. Immediately prior to the Oaks, Ray was the Senior HR Generalist for the NorthEast Region for Five Guys Enterprises. Ray has also worked in the telecommunications industry, including Apple, Flextronics, and SprintNextel in a variety of management roles. Ray has experience in the start up world having worked during the creation of Enhanced Wireless.
- This course is approved for valuable recertification credits by both HRCI and SHRM.
- This course is approved for 15 Strategic Management recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification
- This course is approved for 15 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP recertification.