Below are the Fall 2021 Guidelines for Adjunct Promotions. This information is for eligible individuals only. Please refer to the Union of Adjunct Faculty at Pace Collective Bargaining Agreement or this guideline (PDF) to determine your eligibility. Adjunct Faculty are recommended for promotion by their respective school/college.
It is expected that the adjunct faculty member applying for the next level of promotion, have served in his or her present rank for a minimum of three years at Pace University.
To apply for a promotion, please follow the directions below:
Complete the online application form and include the following materials:
- Letter of Intent – brief memo indicating that you are applying for a promotion
- Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation from sources other than the Department Chair
- Evaluation of Promotion Recommendation Form (PDF) from the Department Chair
- A teaching portfolio that contains teaching philosophy and pedagogy, appropriate use of technology, assessment of learning outcomes, and evidence of student learning (e.g, student evaluations tallies, comments, and peer evaluations)
Completed applications must be submitted by Friday, December 3, 2021 to be considered for promotion.
All candidates will be notified of their promotion in May 2022. Approved promotions will be effective as of September 1, 2022.
Please note: These guidelines do NOT apply for the adjunct faculty at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law.