Guidelines for Adjunct Promotions
Below are the Fall 2020 Guidelines for Adjunct Promotions. This information is for eligible individuals only. Please refer to the Union of Adjunct Faculty at Pace Collective Bargaining Agreement to determine your eligibility. Should you have further questions, please contact the Shared Services Team. Adjunct Faculty are recommended for promotion by their respective school/college.
It is expected that the adjunct faculty member applying for the next level of promotion, have served in his or her present rank for a minimum of three years at Pace University.
The materials required for consideration must be submitted to the new Shared Services Team by November 27th. The Shared Services Team will forward your submission to your respective Dean. Approved promotions will not be effective until the following academic year (2021/2022).
The new Shared Services Team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 923-2PAY
Required Material To Be Submitted By Adjuncts (Deadline: November 27th)
Completed promotion applications (originals) must be submitted to the Shared Services Team via email no later than November 27th with the following information:
- Letter of Intent – brief memo indicating that you are applying for a promotion
- Completed Fact Sheet Form
- Current Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation from sources other than the Chair
- Evaluation of Promotion Recommendation Form(s) from the Department Chair
- A teaching portfolio that contains teaching philosophy and pedagogy, appropriate use of technology, assessment of learning outcomes, and evidence of student learning, (include student evaluations tallies and comments, and peer evaluations)
Candidates will be notified of the Dean’s decision in May.
These guidelines do not apply for the adjunct faculty at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law.