Be sure to check back frequently as we are updating this information as it becomes available. See Pace University’s complete visitor policy (PDF).
- Campus Visitors
- Pre-Registration and Screening Process
- Contractors and Other Vendors
- Delivery Personnel
- Prospective Students and Families
- Face Coverings
- Social Distancing
- Campus Safety and Security
- In order to reduce density on campus, we are limiting the types of visitors allowed on campus. No visitors, including alumni, friends of students, faculty or staff will be allowed in any campus building, unless they have been pre-approved to attend an on-campus event and have registered in advance. This includes access to the Pace libraries by alumni.
- No visitors are to be allowed in the residence halls at any time. This includes current students on leave, commuter students, residential students visiting other students within their own hall or other residence halls and townhouses. The only exception is that two family members or friends are permitted inside the residence hall to assist a student during move-in and move-out.
- In the fall 2020 semester, internal events are for Pace Community members only (faculty, staff, and students). No outside visitors will be permitted to attend so we can prioritize Pace Community involvement and maintain social distancing. Invited guest speakers, performers, and vendors are excluded from this restriction. Student Affairs, schools/colleges, and administrative departments on each campus will work with their staff, faculty, and student organizations to enforce this policy.
For external groups renting Pace facilities, all visitors must follow guidance set forth above. Each group must have a designated Pace contact who will review their health screenings and be a point of contact while the group is on campus. Each group will have access only to the space(s) identified for the purpose of their visit. External groups will be required to agree to terms outlined in the Facilities Use Agreement
All visitors to Pace campuses will be required to complete a screening questionnaire, except as provided below for delivery personnel. The results of the screening will be reviewed by the person has issued the invitation. Only those visitors who received a green check will be permitted on campus. It is the responsibility of the person issuing the invitation to notify the potential visitors of their status and whether or not they will be permitted on campus. Each visitor must display the result of their screening to security upon arriving to campus.
- NYC Campus: The person inviting the visitors will register the visitors via the Splan visitor management software. Potential visitors to the NYC campus will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire through Splan Visitor Management System prior to their visit.
- Pleasantville and Haub Law campuses: The person inviting the visitor to campus, will send the potential visitor a link to the screening tool via the Teamworks site as outlined on the attached workflow.
- Contractors will be required to follow the guidelines outlined above. Like Pace employees, they must check in each day via the Teamworks or Splan Visitor Management System, and must display their approval to be on campus to security when entering the campus, or when asked.
- Each contractor must be cleared to enter campus by Pace staff supervising their work.
- If vendors are called to campus in response to an emergency, the department responsible must notify Security. Security will direct them to complete the screening questionnaire before they will be allowed to proceed to the worksite.
- Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), delivery personnel are not required to complete the health screening. They must wear acceptable face coverings (defined above) and follow social distancing protocols. See updates to Mail Services for information on package delivery.
- There will be individual food delivery to any campus room, office or residence halls. Food delivery is to be managed as follow on each campus:
- On the NYC Campus, deliveries will be made to the lobbies of each building/residence hall. The delivery person will call the recipient for them to pick up their order.
- On the Pleasantville Campus, deliveries will be made to the lobbies of the building/residence hall designated by the recipient. All deliveries to the Townhouses will be made to the Townhouse circle. The delivery person will call the recipient for them to pick up their order.
- On the Haub Law Campus, deliveries will be made to the security booth at the main entrance. The delivery person will call the student for them to pick up their order at the security booth.
- Goldstein Athletic has suspended all community memberships. This will continue through December 2020. This will allow students have priority use of the gym and equipment.
- We will allow visitors to Goldstein Athletic who are being taught by members of the Pace staff (e.g., swimming lessons). Participants will be dropped off only. Parents or guardians will be allowed in any Pace building when dropping off or picking up. Face coverings must be worn at all times unless not feasible to do the activity (e.g. swimming).
- Groups renting Pace athletic facilities (outdoor only at this point in time) will follow all visitor guidelines noted for external groups. Spectators will be allowed for practices; drop-off and pick-up only with families staying in their cars.
- Alumni access to campus, unless invited for a specific event, is temporarily suspended through June 2021.
- In an effort to prioritize use of campus spaces for students, alumni are temporarily prohibited from using the libraries and other campus common spaces on all our campuses during the fall 2020 semester.
Internal Events: In the fall 2020 semester, internal events are for Pace Community members only (faculty, staff, and students). No outside guests will be permitted to attend so we can prioritize Pace Community involvement and maintain social distancing. Invited guest speakers, performers, and vendors are excluded from this restriction.
Fitness Center Access: In order to give priority to students at the Goldstein Fitness Center, all community memberships have been temporarily suspended through December 2020.
For further information or clarification of the policy please email the Office of Alumni Relations.
All prospective students and families must pre-register for events. For more information about admissions, campus tours, virtual events and infosessions, check out our Staying Connected to Pace page.
- On the NYC Campus, should a prospective or current student arrive at security without an appointment, security will notify Welcome Center staff who will direct them to complete the pre-screening and find an available tour spot.
- On the Pleasantville Campus, should a prospective or current student arrive at the security booth without an appointment, they will be provided information on how to pre-register. They will not be allowed on campus unless they are pre-registered.
- On the Haub Law Campus, should a prospective or current student arrive at the security booth without an appointment, they will be provided information on how to pre-register. They will not be allowed on campus unless they are pre-registered.
Once the University opens for visits, we require that all visitors wear appropriate face covering while on campus. Appropriate use of face coverings is critical in minimizing the risk of transmission to others near you. Remember, a face covering is not a substitute for social distancing. Face coverings must be worn at all times, especially in common areas or when social distancing cannot be maintained. In general, N95 respirators and medical grade masks are reserved for health care workers. For more information about face coverings, please see our Campus Health and Safety page.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) currently recommends that people remain a minimum of six feet apart. Once visitors are allowed on campus, we require that in addition to wearing face coverings, you follow all posted signage and work to maintain appropriate social distance. For more information about social distancing expectations, please see our Campus Health and Safety page.
Pace is committed to providing a safe environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. To the extent that protocols are not followed by any individual on campus, Pace reserves the right to take disciplinary action against students, faculty, and staff, as well as removing any visitor from the premises. These actions may involve Safety and Security, Student Life, and Human Resources.
- To the extent that Pace allows outside individuals on campus for events such as lectures, conferences, or athletics events, Safety and Security shall be responsible for monitoring/enforcing the capacity limits and other proper protocols, such as social distancing.