edTPA via Livetext
Stanford University and the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) formed a partnership to develop and share edTPA, formerly the Teacher Performance Assessment. Designed by teachers and teacher educators to support candidate learning and provide data that supports preparation programs growth and renewal. Aligned with Common Core and other standards, edTPA assesses teaching behaviors that focus on student learning. edTPA can be integrated with other teacher candidate assessments such as clinical evaluations, GPA, and content knowledge examinations to inform program completion decisions or as a metric for licensure. edTPA is a summative portfolio or capstone assessment to evaluate a teaching candidate's readiness to teach. It is also a source of evidence for program review, teacher certification, and/or state and national accreditation.
The ATS-W is the edTPA Safety Net for eligible candidates that had their student teaching directly impacted by COVID-19. If you graduated prior to the COVID-19 outbreak in early 2020 you are NOT eligible for the Safety Net and must complete the edTPA as an unaffiliated candidate (support flyer (PDF)). Taking the ATS-W without meeting the NYSED safety net eligibility requirements will not exempt you from the edTPA requirement.
LiveText is a Web-based subscription service that allows students and instructors to "create, share, and collaborate on the educational curriculum.". Students will be required to use LiveText to submit course assignments to their instructors. Instructors can view, assess, and give feedback on assignments to students using LiveText. A Student Membership is required for all students in the School of Education. Your student LiveText account is a one-time purchase that is valid for 5 years from the date of purchase.
Benefits of LiveText
- Students can upload their work, align it to current standards, and share it with other students, instructors, and potential employers.
- Tools for creating lesson and unit plans including standards, templates, and additional resources.
- Alignment with the latest standards for teacher education programs.
- Students can demonstrate they have completed all education requirements.
- Keeps student's work organized throughout their teacher education program.
- Secure digital online storage with 24/7/365 access.
New SOE Students
A LiveText registration email from "Watermark" will be sent to your Pace student email address. Emails are sent 2-3 weeks into your first semester here at Pace. Occasionally, this email (and a dozen reminder emails) could end up in your Junk Mail folder, so please check. You must register using the unique link in the email, don't register without the link or share the link. When entering your name, use your official name on record here at Pace. Students that fail to activate LiveText keys in a timely manner (16 months from the first email) will need to purchase a new key directly from LiveText.
Returning SOE Students
Please use your existing LiveText account. Forgot Password, see below.
Don't delay!! Register as soon as possible to avoid any issues.
Students that fail to activate LiveText keys (accounts) in a timely manner (16 months from the first email) will need to purchase a new key directly from LiveText. Accounts are valid for 5 years from the date of purchase. Students requiring more than 5 years will need to purchase a new/renewal account directly from LiveText. Please email customer support with any questions.
Key renewal type
LiveText Student Membership Field Experience Edition (ISBN 978-0-9796635-6-7)
Comprehensive online guides to help get you started.
LiveText Help Desk: 1 (800) 311-5656 or email.
Technical Support Hours
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. CT
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. CT
- Saturday: Email Only
- Sunday: 4:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. CT
Forgot your Password?
For detailed preparation guidelines, access our “edTPA/Certification Community” on Classes. If you are having difficulty accessing this community, please contact the appropriate Director of School Partnerships for your campus:
- Westchester: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York City: email@example.com
- edTPA Coordinator, Cassandra Hyacinthe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are submitting your edTPA portfolio to the edTPA website at an upload party or managing it all on your own, you will need to be sure that you have the following ready to go:
- In Classes—access to the edTPA handbook for your content area (this is available on LiveText)
- All of your edTPA files completed and available either through LiveText or on a flash drive
- Know the last 5 digits of your social security number
There Are Basically Four Steps To Submitting Your Edtpa For Scoring:
- Create an account at edTPA.com and get your Authorization Key. Register Your Account
- Use LiveText to submit your edTPA materials. Upload Materials.
- Verify your submission on edTPA.com
- When you have successfully submitted your edTPA, you will receive an email confirmation. Please forward this email to your instructor.
The following information is intended to guide candidates who are either unaffiliated with an Education Preparation Program or affiliated with an EPP that is not participating in edTPA, but plan to teach in a state that requires edTPA for licensure. If you have graduated from Pace SOE without completing the edTPA you are considered an unaffiliated candidate.
For general questions, please contact the SOE Office at (914) 773-3829.