edTPA via LiveText
What is edTPA?
Stanford University and the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) formed a partnership to develop and share edTPA, formerly the Teacher Performance Assessment. Designed by teachers and teacher educators to support candidate learning and provide data that supports preparation programs growth and renewal. Aligned with Common Core and other standards, edTPA assesses teaching behaviors that focus on student learning. edTPA can be integrated with other teacher candidate assessments such as clinical evaluations, GPA, and content knowledge examinations to inform program completion decisions or as a metric for licensure. edTPA is a summative portfolio or capstone assessment to evaluate a teaching canidate's readiness to teach. It is also a source of evidence for program review, teacher certification and/or state and national accreditation.
Important information on the edTPA can be found here: https://www.edtpa.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_NewYork.html
What is LiveText?
LiveText https://www.livetext.com/ is an Web-based subscription service that allows students and instructors to "create, share, and collaborate on educational curriculum.". Students will be required to use LiveText to submit course assignments to their instructors. Instructors can view, assess, and give feedback on assignments to students using LiveText. A Student Membership is required for all students in the School of Education. Your LiveText account is valid for 7 years from the date you sign up.
Benefits of LiveText:
- Students can upload their work, align it to current standards, and share it with other students, instructors, and potential employers.
- Tools for creating lesson and unit plans including standards, templates and additional resources.
- Alignment with the latest standards for teacher education programs.
- Students can demonstrate they have completed all education requirements.
- Keeps students work organized throughout their teacher education program.
- Secure digital online storage with 24/7/365 access.
How to get and use LiveText Services ?
New SOE Students: A LiveText registration email from "Watermark" will be sent to your Pace student email address. Emails are sent 2-3 weeks into your first semester here at Pace. Occasionally, this email could end up in your Junk Mail folder, so please check. You must register using the unique link in the email, don't register without the link or share the link. When entering your name, use your official name on record here at Pace.
Returning SOE Students: Please use your existing LiveText account.
Don't delay !! Register as soon as possible to avoid any issues. You are required to use LiveText for most of your assignments and edTPA submission.
Comprehensive online guides to help get you started: https://www.livetext.com/c1_help/
Support: LiveText Help Desk at 1-800-311-5656 or email: email@example.com
Technical Support Hours
• Monday to Thursday: 7:00am - 8:00pm CT
• Friday: 7:00am - 6:00pm CT
• Saturday: Email Only
• Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm CT
Forgot your Password: https://www.livetext.com/misk5/forgot
Pace University specific issues that can't be solved using LiveText support should be directed to Bill Kovari, LiveText Administrator at Bkovari@pace.edu Please include specific information in your request including your full name, course number, CRN and term for quickest service.
edTPA Basic Information, Registration and Preparation
Register for the edTPA assessment at edTPA.com
For detailed preparation guidelines, access our “edTPA/Certification Community” on Blackboard. If you are having difficulty accessing this community, please contact the appropriate Director of School Partnerships for your campus:
edTPA Submission Instructions
Whether you are submitting your edTPA portfolio to www.edTPA.com at an upload party or managing it all on your own, you will need to be sure that you have the following ready to go:
- In Blackboard—access to the edTPA handbook for your content area (this is available on LiveText)
- All of your edTPA files completed and available either through LiveText or on a flash drive
- Know the last 5 digits of your social security number
There are basically four steps to submitting your edTPA for scoring:
- Create an account at edTPA.com and get your Authorization Key. Register Your Account
- Use LiveText to submit your edTPA materials. Upload Materials
- Verify your submission on edTPA.com
- When you have successfully submitted your edTPA, you will receive an email confirmation. Please forward this email to your instructor.
For general questions, please contact the SOE Office at 914-773-3829