edTPA via LiveText
What is edTPA?
Stanford University and the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) formed a partnership to develop and share edTPA, formerly the Teacher Performance Assessment. Designed by teachers and teacher educators to support candidate learning and provide data that supports preparation programs growth and renewal. Aligned with Common Core and other standards, edTPA assesses teaching behaviors that focus on student learning. edTPA can be integrated with other teacher candidate assessments such as clinical evaluations, GPA, and content knowledge examinations to inform program completion decisions or as a metric for licensure. edTPA is a summative portfolio or capstone assessment to evaluate a teaching canidate's readiness to teach. It is also a source of evidence for program review, teacher certification and/or state and national accreditation.
What is LiveText?
LiveText is an electronic data collection and reporting system. Students will be required to use LiveText to submit course evaluations for their education courses and other assignments to their instructors. Instructors can view, assess, and give feedback on assignments to students using LiveText.
School of Education is an NCATE accredited institution which is a national teacher preparation assessment organization. To participate in this consortium, student assessments must be submitted to scorers located across the country. LiveText provides a platform for the submission and scoring of these Teacher Performance Assessments.
Basic Information, Registration and Preparation
Register for the edTPA assessment at edTPA.com
For detailed preparation guidelines, access our “edTPA/Certification Community” on Blackboard. If you are having difficulty accessing this community, please contact the appropriate Director of School Partnerships for your campus:
- Westchester - Elizabeth Harrison at (914)773-3802 or email email@example.com
- New York City - Lynn DeLuca at (212)346-1501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
edTPA Submission Instructions
Whether you are submitting your edTPA portfolio to www.edTPA.com at an upload party or managing it all on your own, you will need to be sure that you have the following ready to go:
- In Blackboard—access to the edTPA handbook for your content area (this is available on LiveText)
- All of your edTPA files completed and available either through LiveText or on a flash drive
- Know the last 5 digits of your social security number
There are basically four steps to submitting your edTPA for scoring:
- Create an account at edTPA.com and get your Authorization Key. Register Your Account
- Use LiveText to submit your edTPA materials. Upload Materials
- Verify your submission on edTPA.com
- When you have successfully submitted your edTPA, you will receive an email confirmation. Please forward this email to your instructor.
For LiveText questions, please email LiveText Administrator Bill Kovari.
For general questions, please contact the Dean's Office at 914-773-3870.