School of Education
AS , New Paltz College , New York , 1993
Administration and Supervision
EdD , Teachers College, Columbia University , 1989
Special Education and Technology
AS , Bank Street College , New York, NY , 1985
M.Ed. , William Paterson College , New Jersey , 1976
BS , Mills College of Education , New York, NY , 1969
Early Childhood Education
Awards and Honors
- Pi Lamda Theta, - Educational Honorary Fraternity
- Kappa Delta Pi, - International Honor Society in Education
- Learning Disabilities Association (LDA), - Teacher Education Stipend
- Standards Panel for American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence, April 2006 - Selected Member
- Cornell School of Labor Relations, May 2004 - Certificate
- Research Institute for Assistive and Training Technologies, 2003 - Assistive Technology Competency Certificate
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATES
- Comp. Special Education
Grades K-12, Intermediate Administration or Supervision
- School District Administrator (SDA)/School Administrator and Supervisor (SAS) Special Education Teacher K-12/Elementary Education Teacher
- School District Administrator/School Principal and Supervisor/ Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant
Soodak, L. C., Wiener, R. M. & McCarthy, M. R. Educating students with disabilities in public high schools: Continuum of services or set of placement options?.
Wiener, R. M., Soodak, L. C. & McCarthy, M. R. Implementation of the least restrictive environment at the high school level: Redefining the continuum of services for students with disabilities.
Wiener, R. M. Teaching Exceptional Children, CEC.
Wiener, R. M., , ., , ., McCarthy, M. R. & Soodak, L. C. Vestiges of segregation in the implementation of inclusion policies in public high schools.
Wiener, R. M. & Soodak, L. C. (2015, June). International Association of Special Education. Secondary teachers'instructional decisions about students with and without disabilities. Wroclaw, Poland
ARTISTIC AND PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCES AND EXHIBITS
Grants, Sponsored Research and Contracts
AACTE Editorial Review Board
Leadership on Teaching and Learning, Excelsior
New York Higher Education Task Force on Inclusive Schooling
AERA Reviewer, Division K