Spend Your First Semester at Pace Across The Pond, in London!
First-Year Experience in London
A cohort of select incoming first-year students will be invited to spend Fall 2024 abroad – in vibrant London, England. Experience the world's top academic city, gain a global perspective, and keep on the fast track to success at Pace. Students will take classes catered to satisfy Pace core requirements, while exploring the cultural and historical riches of England’s capital. Students will have the opportunity to bond and forge connections with other program participants as well as nurture skills to help them succeed at Pace.
COST: Students will pay regular Pace tuition and fees as well as an FYE London program and single room housing fee to Pace. Students remain eligible for all Pace merit scholarships, state, and federal aid.
You may apply once you are admitted by Pace University. Review the application requirements below.
- March 15 - priority application deadline
- April 15 - application deadline
- May 15 - deposit/confirmation deadline. Accepted students must make a $1,000 non-refundable deposit to confirm their spot on the FYE London program - by May 15.
- Watch Pace's webinar/presentation about FYE London.
- Watch this video about life in London, with a current student at Kaplan (Pace's partner for the FYE London program).
- Watch this video to learn more about Kaplan (Pace's partner for the FYE London program).
- Receive Pace academic credit and take core courses
- Experience the many cultural and historical riches of London, under the care of Kaplan International College London and Pace
- Gain independence, maturity, flexibility, and a global perspective – soft skills that today's employers want
- Get a head start on global learning, and develop international and intercultural communication skills
- Apply critical thinking within a cross-cultural learning environment
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience abroad
- Return to Pace with life-long friends – your fellow Pace students as well as other students from around the world
- By graduation, you'll know New York City and London – two of the world's great cities
Support for Students on FYE London
- Dedicated on-site Academic Director (a Pace professor) and on-site Resident Coordinator
- Comprehensive Student Support Services
- Health & Wellness Support
- 24/7 Safety & Security (including Help Line)
- Pre-Departure Orientation and Virtual Events
FYE London Program Inclusions
- NYC and London Orientations
- Welcome Dinner
- One international weekend excursion
- England day trip
- Activities and excursions around London
- Theater Tickets
- London Transport Card
- Farewell Dinner
Application requirements and how to apply
- Students who (1) receive an offer of admission to Pace University to start in the Fall 2024 semester, (2) receive an invitation to apply to the FYE London program, and (3) complete the FYE London application
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (unweighted)
- 18 years of age prior to the program start date
- Submit the following two documents (in PDF form) through their Pace applicant dashboard by the priority Application Deadline of March 15, 2024 or the Application Deadline of April 15, 2024
- a paragraph (250 words minimum, PDF) detailing why you wish to participate in the program – please refer to qualities such as being independent, flexible, and a problem solver, as well as how this experience might challenge you in ways that will advance your personal and academic aspirations. Include your full name and your intended major. Address a previous challenge you have faced and how you overcame it.
- a 2-3 page academic paper from one of your recent courses (PDF). This will be used for placement into English 120, one of the included courses on this FYE London program.
- Applicants will also be interviewed (virtually) by Pace Education Abroad staff as part of the acceptance process.
- Passport valid through July 1, 2025
- Note: Students from most majors are eligible to apply. However, there are some academic paths that are not a good fit for the FYE program. Students in the Honors College, the School of Performing Arts, Nursing, transfer students, and 5-year program students may not participate.
- If accepted, students must make a $1,000 non-refundable deposit to confirm their spot on the FYE London program - by May 15.
Note: The FYE London Fall 2024 program will be confirmed in June, contingent on a suitable cohort size being realized.