Health & Safety
Pace Education Abroad prioritizes the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Studying and traveling abroad requires many of the same health and safety precautions that one would take in the U.S.A. However, participants need to be aware of additional risks that may be unique to traveling abroad and living in a particular country or region.
Pace Education Abroad monitors international security and maintains regular communication with in-country faculty leaders, partner institutions, and program providers. In the event of an emergency, Pace will work swiftly to identify the location of program participants and immediately initiate communication with the necessary parties, taking action as the situation warrants.
For Students — In Case of Emergency While Studying Abroad:
- First contact the on-site Resident Director, other in-country program staff, or Pace Faculty (for Faculty-Led programs abroad). These people are all in-country and will be best able to assist you at the moment of need.
- If you cannot reach the in-country support staff, call the Education Abroad Department at Pace: (M-F Eastern Standard Time/9:00-5:00): +1 (212) 346-1368. Outside of these office hours, call Pace Security (and you will be re-routed to Education Abroad or other staff): +1 (212) 346-1800.
- For medical emergencies, medical referrals, evacuation, repatriation, or other services, contact the Pace medical insurance provider directly. You can call collect from outside the USA: Gallagher Global Assistance: +1 (312) 935-9242.
Pace University's Policy Number for the Travel Assistance Program: GLM N04832164.
- Visit www.gallagherglobalassistance.com for access to global threat assessments and location-based intelligence.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country you are visiting.