All Pace study abroad students will be enrolled in emergency travel medical insurance for the duration of their academic program abroad, by Pace University. This emergency travel insurance is provided to all Pace students at no additional fee. Pace Education Abroad will provide a policy description and talk about coverage at the mandatory pre-departure orientation held at Pace.
Pace-provided insurance for study abroad
As a Study Abroad student through Pace, you are automatically enrolled in Pace’s Study Abroad Emergency Travel Medical Insurance. The insurance we have for the 2019-2020 Academic Year is provided by a company called "On Call International". If you need Medical, Security, or Travel assistance, contact the On Call Global Response Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Read a brief overview (4 pages) about On Call's Program Coverage (PDF), or read full details about On Call's coverage (PDF).
- If you are ever in a medical emergency situation while on your program, telephone this "On Call" number and they will assist you.
- Make sure to identify yourself as a Pace University student.
- This number is available 24/7, and you can call collect from anywhere in the world.
- If you are unable to call the insurance company yourself in an urgent situation, a friend/relative/Pace staff member can do so on your behalf.
- You will be connected directly with an Assistance Coordinator who is ready to assist you.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should proceed immediately to the nearest hospital or emergency facility and then contact On Call as soon as you can.
- On Call assists during critical emergencies such as illness or injury that may require an evacuation. They also assist with smaller problems you may not realize that you have a resource for.
The Pace-arranged insurance provides emergency medical and travel services, as well as pre-trip information services:
- You require a referral to a hospital or doctor abroad
- You are hospitalized abroad
- You need to be evacuated or repatriated
If you have an incident abroad during your program overseas, your first step should be to call Pace Security (collect): (212) 346-1800.