main navigation
my pace
Study Abroad


The Education Abroad office is committed to supporting veteran students who wish to participate in a study abroad experience. Whether short term, long term, or faculty-led,  we'll work with you to find a program that best fits your academic, personal, and professional goals.

How does it work?

Many veterans are able to use their benefits to help fund a study abroad experience. If you're interested in using your VA benefits to assist in payment of a study abroad program, you must plan ahead. You'll need to work closely with (1) the Education Abroad Office and (2) your Veteran Student Advisor to find the program that fits the requirements of the VA and your study abroad goals.  

In most cases, the VA will cover tuition costs only. Other study abroad-related fees (such as housing, flights, and personal expenses) will not be covered. 

Your Academic Advisor and VA Certifying Official will assist you in determining what, if any, the VA can cover.

In general, there are several conditions that must be met:

  • You must select a VA-approved foreign institution that is also a Pace exchange partner.
  • You must be enrolled in courses that apply to your degree program.
  • The courses at the "host" school abroad must be approved.
  • Note: The VA cannot pay any fees specific to studying abroad unless the student is required to study abroad as part of their degree.
  • BAH: please note the monthly BAH rate on a study abroad will be based on the monthly international rate of $1,681 (which is less than at Pace NYC and PLV).

For additional information, review this VA Benefits Information Sheet (PDF) on study abroad

What's next?

If you're a veteran or dependent of a veteran and you're interested in studying abroad, the first step is to attend an Abroad 101 session - offered weekly on both campuses.

You can also search for study abroad programs.

Contact Information

Email the Education Abroad Office:

For assistance with Veteran Benefits, please contact:

Pace Veteran Services