Summer Housing Application Process for Current NYC Students and Enrolled Applicants
UPDATE: Changes have been made to the Summer 2020 housing offered by Pace University. Review all the information below regarding summer housing policies and application procedures.
- Summer 2 housing is available from July 12, 2020 through August 22, 2020 (dates of occupancy and housing availability are subject to change) to all Pace University students who meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
- Summer 1 housing is available only to students currently living in the residence halls for the Spring 2020 term who need to remain on-campus. A separate application must be submitted for the Summer 1 and Summer 2 terms for students who need to stay for both summer terms. Students not currently on campus are not eligible for Summer 1 housing.
- Only single accommodations will be offered (doubles, triples, and quads will not be offered).
- Room assignments and instructions for the summer move-in/transition process will be provided by email prior to the start of the Summer 2 term.
- All summer housing charges must be paid prior to the start of each Summer term (if a prepayment less than $1,800 was paid during the time of application, the remaining balance will be due prior to move-in).
- On-campus services and residence hall amenities will be limited during the intersessions and summer terms. On-campus dining services will not be offered during this time and no guests will be permitted in the residence halls.
To be eligible for summer student housing, you must be a Pace University student AND meet at least one of the following criteria for the summer session(s) in which you are being housed. Eligibility is at the discretion of Residential Life.
- Be registered for summer classes at Pace University (full or part-time)
- Be participating in a full or part-time academically related internship or job (a letter from the internship or job employer may be requested by the housing staff)
- Be employed on campus as a student worker for no fewer than 20 hours per week (a letter from the internship or job employer may be requested by the housing staff)
Summer Housing Rate
|Room Type||Summer Pace Student Rate Per Term|
Application, Payment, and Cancellation Process
- To submit an application for summer housing, login to MyHousing and complete the "NYC 2020 Summer 1 Housing Application" and/or "NYC 2020 Summer 2 Housing Application" and payment for each summer term you need (Summer 1 is only available to students currently living on campus) found under the "Applications and Forms" dropdown menu at the top of the MyHousing dashboard.
- Pay the $1,800 prepayment at the time of application (the cost of a room for each Summer term). This amount will be applied to your summer bill. If you are unable to pay the deposit at the time of application, email firstname.lastname@example.org for an exception. The amount is fully refundable if cancelling prior to the start of the summer term.
- Students who wish to cancel their summer housing after application and/or after moving in for the summer, must download a Summer Housing Cancellation Form (PDF) and email the completed form to email@example.com.
The applicant agrees to pay the University the fees in accordance with the payment schedule for the residence hall accommodations assigned by the Office of Residential Life and Housing. Students will be billed directly for their accommodations through their student account. The rates indicated are flat rates for each summer session and will not be reduced for shorter stays. Students leaving housing for any reason prior to the end of their contracted term(s) are still responsible for the full amount of the charged summer housing rate. Students wishing to arrange housing for a period of time less than one of the summer sessions should contact the housing office before applying. Payments must be made to the Office of Student Assistance or through the student’s Pace account.
Students who cancel their housing after the start of a summer term are eligible for partial refunds of the student housing fee for that semester as follows (cancellation dates are based on the date that both the cancellation form is received AND the student has properly checked out of the residence hall):
- Canceling during the first week of the summer session: 100% refund, minus the daily rate for each date the student lived in housing
- Canceling during the second week of the summer session: 70% refund
- Canceling during the third week of the summer session: 25% refund
- Canceling during the fourth week of the summer session: 20% refund
- There is no refund after the end of the fourth week of classes
Receipt by Pace University of the Summer Housing Agreement and Application establishes a legal, binding agreement between the applicant (student, parent or guardian, group representative), and Pace University for summer housing during the summer semesters, contingent upon the availability of housing accommodations on the Pace NYC Campus. The University reserves the right to determine and assign the housing space to be occupied by the student and to reassign alternative accommodations as circumstances warrant.
All residents of Pace University Housing are subject to the University Guiding Principles and all other policies of the University. Violations of any University policy may result in removal (without refund) from Pace University residence halls. Allegations of policy violation may be brought forth by representatives of the Office of Housing and Residential Life, security, other residents, or any other member of the University community. Adjudication of alleged charges is the responsibility of the dean of students and their designee. Residents may be subject to summary removal from residence pending adjudication of policy violation. Learn more about Pace University policies and student conduct process.