Students in front of the Mortola Library on the Westchester cmapus.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can attend summer sessions?

  • Students who have graduated from high school or have obtained a GED and are not attending college can take summer courses.
  • Students enrolled at a college other than Pace University may enroll as a visiting student.
  • Transfer students planning to enroll at Pace for the Fall 2022 semester may take courses over the summer session and should speak directly to their admission counselor for details.

How many classes can I take?

A maximum of two courses, not to exceed eight credits, is recommended in each Summer Session.

How do I register?

You will enter your course requests at the end of the online application for Visiting Students. When your application is processed, a member of Pace's staff will register you for the requested courses and confirm your enrollment via email. If both your first and second course choices are closed at the time of registration, you will be contacted. If you are unable to find another course, you will not be charged tuition; however the application fee is non-refundable.

Please note: By completing the application, you authorize Pace University to register you for the courses selected. You are also guaranteeing that you have met all prerequisites listed in the course description.

If I have registered and cannot attend, do I have to drop the class?

Yes, you must submit the Registration Action Form (PDF) to

Is housing available?

Visiting students are permitted to live in university housing if they are enrolled in a Summer course. You are eligible to live in housing only during the session(s) for which you are enrolled. Visit the Summer Housing web page for more information.

Are there restrictions to the courses I can take?

It is your responsibility to assure that you have met any prerequisites for the Pace course(s) you wish to take.

What happens if the course I have selected is closed?

Be sure to include at least two choices for each course you wish to take, in the event that your first choice is closed at the time of registration. If both courses are closed at the time of registration, we will contact you. If a replacement course is not selected, you will not be charged tuition; however the application fee is nonrefundable.

I have previously taken courses at Pace University as a visiting student, but I am not enrolled for the spring 2022 semester. How do I enroll in the Summer Session?

You will need to complete the Resumption of Studies form in order to take courses. Pace will contact you once the form is received.

What is the contact information for the Summer Session admission offices?

Email us at

How do I access my bill?

Please note: Students are responsible for billing charges whether or not a University bill is received. Therefore, students are strongly encouraged to access their bill online via the MyPace Portal.

How do I access the MyPace Portal?

Once you have a username and password, sign into the MyPace Portal. Make a note of your ID and password and keep it in a secure place for future reference. If you are unable to log into the system or for general inquiries, send an email to or contact ITS at (914) 773-3333.