Get Ready for Your Encore Career
An encore career - meaningful work that combines personal fulfillment, continued income and social purpose - is the goal of more and more people in midlife and beyond. The Pace Encore Transition Program consists of three interpersonal workshops and an online component that will help you reprocess your skills for a fulfilling encore career in the nonprofit sector. Whether full- or part-time, project-based, paid or volunteer, encore careers provide the opportunity to put your talent and experience to work for the greater good in organizations that are addressing important social needs.
3 Evening Workshops + Online Resources
The Pace Encore Transition Program is a hybrid consisting of three active, interpersonal workshops combined with an online component. During the workshop you will:
- Participate in a discussion led by a former corporate executive turned nonprofit leader about the cultural and practical differences of working in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors.
- Network with leaders of several nonprofit organizations who will discuss their staffing and talent needs.
- Learn the secrets of successful resume design and the strategy of using social media for marketing yourself and researching job opportunities.
- Work with a dynamic life coach who will help you identify your goals and transferable skill.
- Link up with leaders of pathway organizations who recruit encore talent and will describe what nonprofits look for in volunteers, staff and board members.
Who Should Enroll
- Whether you are 50 or 80, still working or retired, if you are inspired by the prospect of helping others, you are ready for your encore career.
- The Pace Encore Transition Program is three evenings of interactive workshops combined with online resources that will help prepare you for your encore career.
- Join an ever-expanding network of like-minded people who are searching for their encore careers.
- Meet and network with nonprofit leaders and recruiters, career coaches, encore role models and leaders of the Encore Movement.
- Discover your second act for the greater good and live a legacy by helping to solve some of our nation’s most vexing social problems.
- Acquire the resources to find meaningful work in nonprofit organizations that need your skills, dedication and experience.
Pace University Midtown Center
551 Fifth Avenue at 45th
New York, NY
Please contact Cristin Downs at (212) 346-1037 email@example.com.