Lubin at a Glance
Academic Programs • National Recognition • The Lubin Professional Experience
Founded in 1906, Pace University has nearly 13,000 students across its six schools. The Lubin School of Business is a nationally ranked leader in
business education. We prepare students to become leaders in management - competent in their chosen disciplines, multidisciplinary in problem solving,
ethically aware, grounded in action, trained in outcomes, and socially responsible. Lubin offers small classes, outstanding faculty, a student-centered
environment, convenient locations, and full-time and part-time programs in New York City and Westchester County.
3,849 students: 2,673 undergraduate and 1,176 graduate
The Lubin faculty (107 full-time, 91 part-time) comprises accomplished practitioners and noted scholars whose research is quoted in such major media as BusinessWeek, CNN, Fortune, The New York Times, WABC, The Wall Street Journal, WCBS, and The Washington Post.
Student Exchange Programs
CEFAM (France); EM Strasbourg Business School (France); European Business School-London (United Kingdom); Hong Kong Baptist University (China); Lingnan University (China); MICEFA (France); Nova School of Business and Economics (Portugal); PUC-Rio (Brazil); Sophia University, Tokyo (Japan); SRH Hochschule Berlin (Germany); University of Adelaide (Australia); University College of Cork (Ireland); University of Mannheim (Germany); Universidad del Pacifico (Chile); University of Paris-Dauphine (France); University of Technology, Sydney (Australia); and Zurich University of Applied Sciences (Switzerland).
European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
BI Norwegian Business School (Norway); EDHEC Business School (France); European Business School Paris (France); Grenoble Ecole de Management (France); Reims Management School (France); Rouen Business School (France); Tokyo Keizai University (Japan); and Universidad Europea de Madrid (Spain)..
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Majors: accounting (general, public accounting - CPA preparation), finance, general business, information systems, international management, management (arts and entertainment management, business management, entrepreneurship, hospitality and tourism management, human resources management), marketing (advertising and integrated marketing communications, global marketing management) and quantitative business analysis.
Business Honors Program (BHP)
The Lubin School's Business Honors Program utilizes cross-functional learning communities, advanced courses, international field studies, community-based leadership, distinguished speakers, skill- building workshops, executive mentors, and a year-long senior thesis sequence to provide outstanding BBA and combined BBA-MBA students with an enhanced, challenging, and rewarding academic experience to prepare them for leadership roles in global business.
Combined Degree Programs
BBA/MBA in Public Accounting, BBA in Public Accounting/MS in Financial Management, BBA Public Accounting/MS in Taxation, MBA/JD
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Concentrations: accounting (CPA preparation), financial management (financial management, investment management), information systems, international business, international economics, management (change management, entrepreneurship, human resources management, strategic management), marketing management, and taxation. Dual concentration MBAs may be earned, requiring only nine additional credits in most cases.
Master of Science (MS)
Concentrations: accounting (CPA preparation), customer intelligence and analytics, financial management, financial risk management, human resources management (human resources management, strategic global human resources management*), investment management, social media and mobile marketing, and taxation.
A 19-month Web-assisted executive MBA program for managers and professionals that combines Internet-based learning with periodic weekend residencies. The program is based on large-scale team projects and a series of management skills modules.
Master in Finance for Professionals (MFP)
For business professionals working in finance or those eager for an expedient path to enter the field, the MFP is a one-year, 36-credit program comprised of six weekend residencies spaced roughly eight weeks apart with internet-based learning in between.
Doctor of Professional Studies (DPS)
A 57-credit, web-assisted, research-based doctoral program for business professionals who have demonstrated career achievement during more than 10 years of business experience and earned an MBA or related master's degree with good academic performance.
Advanced Graduate Certificate Program
A 12-16 credit program offering customized modules in most business fields for those with an MBA or MS in business.
National Recognition for Educational Programs and Alumni Achievements
- Lubin's dual accreditation by AACSB International, the Association to Advance
Collegiate Schools of Business, in both business and accounting, is an elite distinction shared by fewer than 2% of business schools in the world.
- Lubin is the second largest private AACSB-accredited business school in the New York Metropolitan Area and the seventh largest private AACSB-accredited
business school in the country.
- Praised by AACSB International, the Lubin School is "lauded
for its student-focused programs, experience-based learning, financial capital location, small classes, devoted faculty, and program satisfaction."
- The undergraduate business program at Pace University's Lubin School of Business is
ranked among the best business programs nationwide by U.S.News &
World Report in its "Best Colleges" survey.
- Lubin's part-time MBA program is ranked among the best programs nationwide by U.S.News & World
Report in its "Best Graduate Schools"
- According to U.S.News & World Report's Short List, Pace is among the top 5 schools in the U.S. for internship placement. That makes Pace
the No. 1 school for internships internships in metro New York.
- Pace University has been ranked by Forbes as one of the top 20 "colleges that will make you rich."
- Several of Lubin's finance programs have received prestigious recognition from the CFA
Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). This is reflective of the outstanding quality of
our finance programs.
- Notable alumni include Michael Clinton '83, President, Marketing Director and Publishing Director, Hearst Magazines; Melvin A. Karmazin '65, CEO, Sirius XM Radio Inc.; William C. Nelson '75, Chairman and CEO, Home Box Office; David Pecker '72, Chairman and CEO, American Media, Inc.; Thomas J. Quinlan III '85, President and CEO, R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company; James Quinn '80, President, Tiffany & Co.; and Ivan Seidenberg '81, Chairman and CEO, Verizon Communications.
- Lubin students learn by doing as part of their classes, in experience-based teams and clubs, and in one or more internships during their time at Lubin.
When Lubin students graduate they hit the ground running with skills and experience employers value.
- In classes, Lubin students invest real money in the Student Managed Investment Portfolio, work on a year-long advertising and integrated marketing
communications campaign as part of the American Advertising Federation competition, work in teams on projects for real clients in courses such as Marketing
Communications and Public Relations, and participate in international field study courses.
- Students can choose from 20 business professional student clubs, interact with executives, and gain managerial skills and leadership abilities. They can
participate in professional competitions and work with real business situations and clients, such as Beta Alpha Psi's annual Best Practices Competition, the
annual American Marketing Association's Collegiate Conference, the ALPFA/KPMG-Accounting Case Competition, the Annual RISE competition for Finance students,
and the Interactive and Direct Marketing Lab.
- Studying in the business capital of the world, students can enjoy all that New York City and the surrounding area has to offer. As part of their classes,
students visit the New York Stock Exchange, "see the gold" at the Federal Reserve, and intern at top media companies like MTV, NBC, and HBO. Both campuses
are surrounded by hundreds of companies, many topping the Fortune 100 list, and Lubin leverages its relationship with alumni and other corporate partners to
maximize opportunities at these firms for students.
- With the largest internship program in the New York Metropolitan Area, Lubin provides real-world business experiences, transforming students into job-
ready professionals. Most Lubin students have multiple internships prior to graduation.
- Lubin's Executive in Residence Program draws on the school's close links with the business community to bring business leaders to campus from such major
corporations as Barnesandnoble.com, DDB Worldwide Communications Group Inc., Dow Jones and Company, FreshDirect, Hearst Magazines, IBM, Ingersoll-Rand,
JPMorgan Chase & Co., KPMG, the New York Stock Exchange, Oreck Corporation, Pfizer Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers, Texaco, Tiffany & Co., U.S. RE Corporation,
and Vera Wang.
- Corporate executives at the forefront of developments in their industries serve on Lubin advisory boards and ensure the continued relevancy of Lubin
educational programs to current business needs.
- Lubin's mentoring program on LinkedIn is available to every student. Choose from many of our 70,000 accomplished alumni who can assist you with resume review, mock interviews, an experience at their office, and other valuable insights.
- Lubin students learn entrepreneurial leadership: identifying opportunity, building a financial model and strategic plan, identifying the capital and
human resources necessary, setting metrics, and continuous execution toward the vision.
- New entrepreneurship labs provide the tools and mentoring for the development of business plans and the seed capital for new ventures, and host speakers, workshops, and competitions. Every academic discipline can be the source of inspiration for new ventures, new software applications, and new products.
- The Center for Global Business Programs provides international and domestic institutions an opportunity to differentiate their
offerings through a New York City-based module. Custom
programs range from a few weeks to a full academic year and are offered during all semesters, including the summer. The Center delivers a dynamic New York
City experience that includes company visits and cultural events.
- Lubin has a large and diverse international student population, with 831 students representing 81 nations.